Glad that I picked up a new to me V3i

detect4coins

I have used many units over the years, but I always felt most at home with my old Eagle Spectrum. So when I saw a used V3i, I picked it up. I'm glad that I did. I've been using an E-Trac for the past two years, and it does great on consistent ID at deeper depth, but I never did like the pinpoint ability of it. And I could never get comfortable with the swing speed. I had to slow down much more with it than I was used to. While that makes for a thorough search, I was constantly having to think about slowing down my swing speed from what I was used to using on my Eagle Spectrum. I just feel comfortable with the V3i so far. I look forward to learning this detector!

Great machine, but i always had trouble with the stock d2's. Emi was horrible using them, even sent them to whites, only for them to tell me they were fine. I bought a 6 x10 elliptical and a detech 4.5x7 coils and they were smooth and rock solid. I found a unfired 22 cal bullet at 9.5 inches with the detech 4.5 x7 coil. I only mentioned this just in case you have the instability problems i had with the stock coils i had. I actually sold my first v3i because i only had the stock coil and i could not seem to find anyplace i could hunt that it did not chatter and bounce around.

Congrats, been using the Etrac for about 6 months exclusively. It's been a struggle not pulling out the V3i, I miss using it tremendously. I think using the pinpoint to determine the type of metal that gives the strongest signal is a huge time saver, in digging junk, and quite frankly the biggest ID feature I've seen yet on a machine, congrats!

So far, no EMI issues to speak of, but additional coils are in my future for this detector. :grin:
Great machine, but i always had trouble with the stock d2's. Emi was horrible using them, even sent them to whites, only for them to tell me they were fine. I bought a 6 x10 elliptical and a detech 4.5x7 coils and they were smooth and rock solid. I found a unfired 22 cal bullet at 9.5 inches with the detech 4.5 x7 coil. I only mentioned this just in case you have the instability problems i had with the stock coils i had. I actually sold my first v3i because i only had the stock coil and i could not seem to find anyplace i could hunt that it did not chatter and bounce around.

Congrats on the new V3i. I hope you enjoy it, there's a lot to learn and customize to your liking. HH

Back
Top Bottom