Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....

Interesting considering they are one of the sponsors of this forum.

Pay the cost and anyone can be a sponsor.
Most are great but once in awhile things can go off the rail.
I remember at least 2 here that were in good standing for years, one was pretty big and sold a lot detectors for awhile with many satisfied customers.
Then on both one day they stopped communicating with their customers, still took money from some but sent out no products and then as the complaints mounted finally folded still owing money or products to a few if I remember correctly.

It happens in business all the time, everything is cool but then a change in an owners life can sometimes spin all facets of their world out control including their business sense.

'Innocent until proven guilty".

Having said that, here are First Texas's specific claims.

20. First Texas engineers have investigated the Deteknix Quest and the software contained thereon. Based on their investigation, and on information and belief, the Deteknix Quest contains software that is substantially similar to, and copies copyrightable aspects of, the T2 Software both in whole and in part.

21. On information and belief, Deteknix accessed First Texas’s T2 Software and copied it off a commercial T2 product. On information and belief, Deteknix used nitric acid and/or certain other techniques to defeat First Texas’s access protection and copy the T2 Software off a commercial T2 product.

Let the parties involved litigate this issue in a court of law. In the meantime, lets not use this forum to take sides or assign guilt based on hearsay.

Good advice Rudy.

The allegations may or may not be upheld - time and the legal proceedings will decide that. The specific allegations which I posted are official legal filings before the court however - not hearsay.

I doubt there will be a lot of "chatter" about this, the case will make its way through the system.

Good advice Rudy.

The allegations may or may not be upheld - time and the legal proceedings will decide that. The specific allegations which I posted are official legal filings before the court however - not hearsay.

I doubt there will be a lot of "chatter" about this, the case will make its way through the system.

True Rick, and I imagine as with most court cases this could go on for a long while!

Well,

There are it seems loads of different "mouse traps" out there.

Are there any similarities between them???

And with all the mouse traps comes many different rats being caught.

Wonder who the rats are???

One such rat is myself.

Let the parties involved litigate this issue in a court of law. In the meantime, lets not use this forum to take sides or assign guilt based on hearsay.

I agree...wait until something is proven before slinging accusations. See where the dust settles.

How old is the T2? Copyrights and patents last too long. Look at some of pharmaceuticals that keep getting extensions. After 15+ years no generics, yet. Technology is changing a lot of things, just look at music.

Deteknix should have at least rewritten their own version of the T2 software, like AMD did to Intel in the 1990s, not just copied it. Too bad MD tech is decades behind real tech, or we might have an open source MD?

Good advice Rudy.

The filings are just that Rick. They are unproven claims filed by one of the parties.

There is lots and lots more to it and I happen to be very painfully aware of what happens in a case like this. You see, many years ago, our company sued a competitor over patent infringement. It just so happened that I was the inventor and patent holder of the patent in question. Our competitor promptly countersued, citing several of their patents they claimed we violated.

I was asked (nee ordered) by my boss's boss, our division executive VP and General Manager to take responsibility over the case and work with our attorneys (a very expensive law frim located in Palo Alto Ca) to strategize our defense to the countersuit and prosecute our case at the same time.

The discovery process generated 13 boxes of documents from their side and about as many from our side. I was deposed by their lawyers on two separate ocassions, once as the inventor of our patent in question and another time as a our company's Rule 30 B 6 witness (google it for an explanation).

The legal dance continued until the night before the trial was to begin. At approximately 10:00 pm EST, they blinked. We settled for $15 million dollars and several other items.

PS: Sorry for the digression.

Thanks for the reality check Rudi – yes I'm sure he can go that way. But I suspect it FT in this case is put the marker in the ground and the other party will yield.

We'll see what happens – but I am a bit intrigued but the fact that their phone doesn't answer

I tried the phone number this AM and there is still a problem, but I guess they have caller i.d. Since I got a call back from Jason who assures me that,it's business as usual with them in CA.

I apologize for being off topic but... Rudy... The saying at the bottom of your post:

"Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and the other is a husband."

Makes me laugh, just like this does:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Y0I91rubg

Gerry

His old one was good too. Something like "Married men need to learn to forgive themselves for their mistakes, no sense in two people staying mad" or something clever like that. It was funny! :laughing:

I apologize for being off topic but... Rudy... The saying at the bottom of your post:

"Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and the other is a husband."

Makes me laugh, just like this does:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Y0I91rubg

Gerry

His old one was good too. Something like "Married men need to learn to forgive themselves for their mistakes, no sense in two people staying mad" or something clever like that. It was funny! :laughing:

Thanks. I change my signature periodically though I haven't done it in quite a while. Maybe I should change it again. ;)

Back
Top Bottom