Are these made of Gold!!

freightdawg747

I recently decided to modernize my equipment and sell 2 Whites 6000Di Series 3 detectors that I bought in the mid 80's. I put them on Ebay and thought I may get a few bucks for them but not much over $100 after looking at other Ebay entries....I was pleasantly surprised the bidding went through the roof on these 2 and I was able to use the money to help buy a Garret GTI 2500 Pro with the proceeds. Is there something I am missing about the 2 Whites detectors that made them so desirable?

the 6000Di is a highly desireable and very collectible machine to some folks......Lots of people still use and swear by that unit .........

Some people swear the 6000di was the best Whites has made to date. I've owned a Whites 6000di I never really cared much for it. They were good detectors, but not as good as the Eagle Spectrum or DFX in my opinion.

I don't think Whites has ever made a bad machine. We still have two of them, the MXT, and the ProXL 6000

But we went detecting with a friend on a beach and he found more with his Whites Classic in a 3 ft square than I did walking the entire beach with an XLT.

I mean he spent the whole time we were there in this 3 ft square! I couldn't believe it. I kept thinking, "Why is he still detecting that 3 ft square? He's not going to find anything" Later when we compared finds, I was amazed at what he found.

Bad white's machine

I agree that White's has made some awsome machines, except for around the 5000D era. That's when all nickles disappeared for me and depth was minimal. I've owned the Coinmaster V Supreme, 6000D ser II, Eagle, Eagle Spectrum and DFX. I love the DFX best of all. I wish I had it back in '72 when I was using the Coinmaster V. Man o man, what a field day I would have had in parks if the DFX was alive then!!!

Back
Top Bottom