Your favorite detector?

My favorite machine right now is my Tesoro Amigo II because it is all I got but I have had just about every brand except the ones that have come out in the last couple of years and I am a Whites fan and always have been. Some of my best finds have been found with them. The MXT has to be one of my favorites because it is simple and deep and has great ID. I used a Deus for quite a while and even though it was really light and powerful, I never really bonded with it. I liked my Etrac but it was not comfortable for me to swing on a long hunt. I think the new Equinox will be a killer detector if it lives up to the hype. I hope to get another MXT when I can afford it and wait to see how the Equinox reviews are from reviewers that I respect.

My favorite? That’s a tough one, I really like my ATPro, but not because it’s a great detector, which it is. But because it was my first real detector and it allowed me to be certain that I loved this hobby. Dug a lot of great stuff with that machine. My favorite machine (meaning the one I use) is my ETrac. I started off hating it, but now it’s my best machine and I wouldn’t dare be without it. (At least until my Equinox gets here!) :D

Deus. I just love the sensitivity to gold while still hitting hard on deep high conductors like silver. Plus I don't think anyone can argue that the Deus is the most comfortable to swing of any detector on the market.

Oh, and this new 9.5 High Frequency coil at 80 kHz simply rocks any detector I've tried in tot lots.

My old trusty MXT was, but had to hang her on the wall for a while, since I've now found a new hunting buddy called the Notka Fors Relic. She just loves the civ.:lol:

Compadre :lol: all I got (2)! Equinox may be a goodie though, wonder when it’ll really come out and then there’s the wait and see timeframe.

I guess the one that I use the most would be my Garrett 2500. iI like trying different detectors to see if I get different results. i also like mu CZ-6 and my vintage Tesoro Silver Sabre.

I like a unit that has oodles of power in reserve, one i can run at half throttle and still be deeper than most, one that can be adjusted to suit most on-land situations, and that machine at the moment for me is the AKA Signum MFD.

I'm handy enough at picking up on a detectors settings and it's strengths/weakness for my detecting grounds, but the Signum has lots going on and you don't learn it overnight, i know 'digsforever' had one and said it took him 2yrs to get to grips with it, and just when i think i've found it's Achilles heel, i take it back to my test garden and a solution is usually found, not always obvious, but i get there in the end.
I think if Vader had a detector, he'd swing an AKA lol!

V3i it is a beast when you get close to 50 percent of knowledge it takes to run it, and the bad coils, making sure you lock the autotrac and learn what not to do. One setting change and you can go from hero to zero instantly. It is without a doubt the most complicated machine out there. I am not even positive i am at 50 percent yet and have much more to learn. And their support is as good as it gets.

I like a unit that has oodles of power in reserve, one i can run at half throttle and still be deeper than most, one that can be adjusted to suit most on-land situations, and that machine at the moment for me is the AKA Signum MFD.

I'm handy enough at picking up on a detectors settings and it's strengths/weakness for my detecting grounds, but the Signum has lots going on and you don't learn it overnight, i know 'digsforever' had one and said it took him 2yrs to get to grips with it, and just when i think i've found it's Achilles heel, i take it back to my test garden and a solution is usually found, not always obvious, but i get there in the end.
I think if Vader had a detector, he'd swing an AKA lol!

A lot of people just don’t know the power of that signum.I always regret selling mine,I loved switching from st to rt ,depending on site.And turbo,just a monster in depth.Master that machine and I don’t see anything I’ve used that will match it.

Ah the favorite game, My favorite is the one that finds me the goods!!:laughing:

But honestly I actually have fun running the Etrac and Ctx the most. I have a ton of time on them and they just click with me.

Eurotek pro,,thanks to Craig. Thanks Craig.lol...this thing is light,well balanced,Visual ID is as good as it gets for a single frequency machine,hits my 8 inch merc in the test garden like it’s 2 inches deep,,one 9 volt battery ...Just a awesome machine that will whip on most midpriced machines regardless of make or model..And it’s preset ground balance,which after using so many machines I honestly don’t think it makes a difference at all,at least not in my soil.Everyone is chasing the next best thing,I’m just being realistic,this Eurotek pro is the total package for anyone looking for gold or coin,without all the fuss or muss...And hey,if I come home empty handed I’m not pissed off for over paying for performance .lol

Attachments

• 416DAE38-2C44-4C5E-AC8D-BAB5437E4F42.jpg
    416DAE38-2C44-4C5E-AC8D-BAB5437E4F42.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 450
Back
Top Bottom