Equinox delayed

choppadude

Forum Supporter
Just read a post on the Equinox facebook page that the Equinox release is put off until the end of January. Could be even longer.

Wonder where the info came from, nothing on the Minelab company f/b page or website. Just checked Facebook when I saw this. Kind of amazing that there are three separate Equinox groups on Facebook. The "buzz" surrounding the Nox keeps growing.

just saw another post on another forum and guy said his dealer told him that.. don't know if its true just passing it along.

Vaporware...kidding. If you're going to make everything else obsolete I guess you want it right...

I was watching the 2000s on NGC last night and showed the reveal of the iPhone and six months later consumers could buy it. I guess that's how it goes with detectors too..:mad:

I am getting one no matter when it is released.

Something to think about.
All supposition here.
If Minelab is indeed tweeking software only.
This may not be too bad.
Why?
Because this doesn't disrupt the manufacturing process.
Hence units can be loaded with "best" software when available.
Meaning more units likely could be available when unit does officially release.

And more customers will have in hands their Equinox units at the onset of release.

I like this idea if indeed true.

If only 15 percent of those desiring Equinox at moment of release is all that got units, this likely would start a firestorm with some folks.

Be better if this percentage was 50% or greater I think.

Besides January not usually one of my primo months to detect.
Frozen ground usually happens, high cold wind, snow, etc.

I do wish Minelab would release a tutorial though of actually using the controls.
Make life like, so folks can get somewhat more accustom to the unit(s).
Keep us occupied.
Key here.

at least Minelab have it right -

I prefer a delay over a 'shonkey unit' having to go back for firmware updates and breaking parts - A good company will try to ensure the product is what the customer wants even if it means a slight delay - Garrett's AT MAX comes to mind......

we already know what the alternative is when the product is rushed out into the market when it has faults.....

Maybe the Malaysian elves could not produce the volume of machines to meet the hyped demand in time for Christmas ?:xtree:

Yeah they definitely missed the boat on the Christmas sales but like others have said, it's better to get it right the first time.

Just got a text from Kellyco. Equinox ready to ship to dealers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom