craigslist lost heirloom ring

dirt dick

Elite Member
I answered a add on craigslist, here in North Iowa,
and talking with the person that lost the ring (about 3 weeks ago)
as to the approximate location...I have looked the parking area over,
I'm thinking of trying to look for her ring.
There are plowed piles pushed up about 4 ft hight in places, any thoughts that may help, other than waiting for warmer temps in late Feb. or March.
I'd be using my A T PRO, iron disc up to max (re-bar in the concrete)
notch in the gold range.... and start swinging....
how much depth might I get on frozen packed snow piles.
Thanks.

Plowed piles means you guys got the white stuff there, which you can keep by the way.
Good luck findin the ring

she said, she fell in the parking lot, while crossing the boulevard
that divides the two halves of the parking. at the time the snow wasn't quite as high a it is now. She was leaving a bar, I asked, was it the ice or did she have to much to drink:lol:
but she was pretty sure where she fell and was parked. thinking that it was lost off here finger in that area.......

Thats the tough thing there...no chance of getting into a snowpile until it melts...even then...tough duty...and She is not SURE where she lost it...

I hunted for a lost ring in the snow for a lady a few years back on a sledding hill...I was right there Johnny on the Spot the very next morning where she was SURE she lost it...said she took her gloves off to take pictures and it fell off in the snow...figured it would be a super easy find...nope...talked to her again, to ask is she SURE...she said, well, it might be over on the other side of the hill 'cause she took her gloves off there too...went over there the next morning...NOPE....talked to her again, she said she is SURE its on the sledding hill someplace...swept the whole damn thing, NOPE...told her I would keep looking, but to call me if she finds it....2 months later, when the snow melted, she found it and had the decency to call!..10 miles away from the sled hill.....right on her front walk! :laughing:

So yes, dont waste your time...even if she is SURE its in the snowpile, that thing is frozen solid and she should go back and look for it herself when it melts...just saying...fools errand regardless...and I hunt snowpiles...when they melt you can eyefind all sorts of stuff..
Mud

Attachments

• snowpennies.jpg
    snowpennies.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 576
  • sno3.jpg
    sno3.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 580
I look at CL Lost and Found all the time, and its remarkable how people lose rings and have no idea where exactly...a lot are lost in parking lots, bathrooms, bars, mall stores...etc...snow piles are good hunting in the right parking lots...you will find stuff when they melt...nearly impossible to hunt when they are frozen, full of all sorts of trash...
Mud

Another thing...asphault parking lots that have huge snow piles, like at the Mall...when they melt, theres all sorts of gravel and dirt, but since theres no rebar in them, you can fire up your rig and hunt those snowpile 'footprints' real fast..

Parking lots have certain profitable human travel patterns just like any sportspark or whatnot...so you evaluate them through the eye of a plow boy, whats the easiest as fastest push through here? Where does he push this snow?

In the Spring, its a mad dash to try to whip through all the profitable parking lots when the snow is melting fast...good gosh, a guy can drive 100 miles on a morning just staying local and checking out all the piles...smoke jumping from athletic clubs, day cares, schools, malls, stores, gas stations, reception halls, etc...constantly keeping an eye out for bills too...good thing its a short season, maybe a week or so when a real warm stretch hits...trash to be damned, but easy and fun since its mostly driving and eyehunting...there is a method to it,...gotta think about prevailing winds and winter events and places where the gold wearers frequent..the downwind side of entrances and parking lots always hold more goods than the upwind...just makes sense right? Nobody wants to plow or shovel or blow snow upwind....you will find cell phones...
Mud

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom