Buy a new Pro-pointer power button ..

Take my word for it...getting into the Pro Pointer and putting it back together ain't for anyone except for the experienced, and that means someone who had done it more than once. I broke mine once thinking I could help it by cleaning it out once, Garretts fixed it. I believe I could succesfuly do it right next time but it isn't worth the gamble to me. Besides, between the cost after converting pounds to dallars and shipping, PLUS THE INTRICATE DESOLDERING AND SOLDERING, this is a bear IMO, and I worked in electronicsfor 25 years. A soldering iron and solder won't cut it. Very easily molest the motherboard just getting a switch out. Garretts will be my choice pronto if I need a new switch. jm2c. martin

Take my word for it...getting into the Pro Pointer and putting it back together ain't for anyone except for the experienced, and that means someone who had done it more than once. I broke mine once thinking I could help it by cleaning it out once, Garretts fixed it. I believe I could succesfuly do it right next time but it isn't worth the gamble to me. Besides, between the cost after converting pounds to dallars and shipping, PLUS THE INTRICATE DESOLDERING AND SOLDERING, this is a bear IMO, and I worked in electronicsfor 25 years. A soldering iron and solder won't cut it. Very easily molest the motherboard just getting a switch out. Garretts will be my choice pronto if I need a new switch. jm2c. martin

Thanks for your feedback on this. Because *you* find it hard and you have 25yrs experience, I won't try it for sure!

There is was a thread with pictures. Definitely an adventure. I'm pretty good with a soldering iron, and figuring out puzzles myself, but I don't see any reason to go through such a hassle. Garrett will make it work like new (or in some cases, simply make it work, like it should have), for the price of shipping it to them, cheap, considering the price tag. I'd only take it apart, if Garrett was going to do it, or would charge an insane fee. The Centech was another story, mine wasn't even a week old, nothing wrong with it, took it apart, customized it. Good thing I still liked it enough to keep it, since my Propointer needs some awesome customer service...

Back
Top Bottom