2018 Goals

No, you have found enough gold! Please choose something else! Hahahaha lol.

I would love to find just one gold coin! But i tried to keep my goal realistic.

Lofty goals never hurt anybody. I need an Eagle to complete my set. A double eagle is unlikely in my sites. I will also settle for a capped bust or draped bust gold coin also. [emoji23] I sure do wish those coins were capped and draped busts. I wouldn’t be at work right now! [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Lets see

#1 Dig stinking V nickel, My darn white whale
#2 Find more Old sights for California. I can find lots of silver in our older towns but I really am trying to concentrate on Gold rush era sights
#3 Dig another seated of any kind
#4 Dig a Half dime
#5 Get in Shape. Lose the weight and keep it off, No more Ice cream for me

So Far I am doing alright on the older sights. Found a 1846 1/4 reale the Monday!!

Attachments

• Real 1.jpg
    Real 1.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 125
This a great thread...Thanks for starting it....Sure was fun to read...and will be for a few more days at least......
Hmmmmmmmmmm........lets see............

I guess I don't wanna holler out 100 again......100 mercs and rosies doesn't really mean all that much to me any more.......
My Goals: Try to get a few more good old permissions.

My coin goals : I really think I'm due for a silver dollar. If I keep getting on private lots I really think I can still find one out there somewhere.......
Also, I think I have been way way too narrow with my dig signals in the past ...I intend to dig all non-ferrous chirps and whispers.....I'm not saying its gonna be this year, but I think before I kick the bucket I will dig a gold a gold coin.......
My other goal(getting back to reality) is to get at least one trip out to MASS or CT and get a few hunts in Adrenaline dirt. I'm hoping I can get out there and get my coil over a bust silver, or something 1700s........

My goal is to dig a war nickel, a large cent, and break past 1857 for oldest coin.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

If I find any of these firsts this year I'll be happy:

Flying Eagle Cent
Half dime (Capped or Seated)
Franklin Half
CC mint mark coin
Reale: 1/2, 2 or 4 (I've found a 1 and an 8)
Gold ring

This a great thread...Thanks for starting it....Sure was fun to read...and will be for a few more days at least......
Hmmmmmmmmmm........lets see............

I guess I don't wanna holler out 100 again......100 mercs and rosies doesn't really mean all that much to me any more.......
My Goals: Try to get a few more good old permissions.

My coin goals : I really think I'm due for a silver dollar. If I keep getting on private lots I really think I can still find one out there somewhere.......
Also, I think I have been way way too narrow with my dig signals in the past ...I intend to dig all non-ferrous chirps and whispers.....I'm not saying its gonna be this year, but I think before I kick the bucket I will dig a gold a gold coin.......
My other goal(getting back to reality) is to get at least one trip out to MASS or CT and get a few hunts in Adrenaline dirt. I'm hoping I can get out there and get my coil over a bust silver, or something 1700s........

Your welcome! Thanks for contributing to it! I hope you reach your goals for the year.
Happy Hunting

Lets see

#1 Dig stinking V nickel, My darn white whale
#2 Find more Old sights for California. I can find lots of silver in our older towns but I really am trying to concentrate on Gold rush era sights
#3 Dig another seated of any kind
#4 Dig a Half dime
#5 Get in Shape. Lose the weight and keep it off, No more Ice cream for me

So Far I am doing alright on the older sights. Found a 1846 1/4 reale the Monday!!

I got my White whale knocked off the list. Took long enough, All I needed to do was quit looking for High tones :) And I am down 29lbs since the first of the years so Working on #5 as well

Attachments

• V nic small.jpg
    V nic small.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 95
To go out and enjoy every hour of hunting,while perhaps scoring some lower to mid conductor stuff that’s very old. Learning to hunt in the range that is NOT silver is difficult...we will see how it goes. Of course finding silver is good,but if I don’t,I don’t want it to be a negative thing as it has in the past. Everyone ABLE to take part in this hobby is a lucky dog,we should remember that.

I couldn't have said it better Kevin. I set my goals in January of 100 silver coins but I think this just causes me disappointment and anxiety. I've had a really off month of February due to various reasons, ie; lack of time & focus out in the field, exploring unproductive territory, ignoring good signals, etc, etc. Like you, I would like to get better with the mid conductor signals to dig the cool stuff that I really like seeing on these forums.

2 years ago I found 5 silvers.....last year after the deaths of my father in law.....then my uncle, then my brother in law, I may have went out 5 times......I'm back this year....barring no more family tragedy......my goal is to pick up after 2016 and double it....10 silver coins.....would love to find anything 1800s as well

Back
Top Bottom