AKA STF (Simultaneous Two Frequency detector)

SuchMuch

AKA succeed working out VLF detector working 2 frequency at once. This detector sees no differance if ground is heavely mineralized or it's a non salty sand or even air, it's not being influanced by mineralisation at all. It's deep as Signum MFT but with right identification at any depth. It's provides right stable identification of small coin inserted into ferrite penal (coin is covered by ferrite in every direction)

Here some pics:

As reported it provides right identification even in cases when Signum MFT fails: rusted flat iron at depth, rusted axes, small thin flat iron pieces.

There are few detectorists who saw STF machine, I've translated some info came from them:

***qte***
Mr. Lvovich is working hard to finish SFT machine and it seems he has find a solution how to succeed. He exposed some new implementations done to STF which, i think, make STF ready for mass release. However there is a lot to confirm in real hunt conditions. The same "ground" tasks aren't complete for Berkut-7 as well.

AKA is planning to implement 1 unified hodograph obtained from 2 hodographs (SFT works on 2 frequinces at once) and AKA detectorist will have no necessity to analyze info coming from 2 frequencies in real time.

Piligrim project is set on hold owing to Russian ruble goes down and consequently this project becomes non actual nowadays. It's on the one hand, on the other hand single frequency projects (Piligrim, Intronik) are delayed owing to those new solutions being worked out within SFT project which are planned to be implemented into single frequency machines as well.

I was impressed what I've seen and, I think, AKA is 1 step behind to a finish! All innovations I have seen are worth all these years we've been waiting for new models to come. I hope first SDF machines will be produced for testers this summer, I've got some sites with terrible grounds to have this machine to be tested on

As I saw, SDF handles signals very quickly. SDF will use 1 frequency only at trashy sites, there will be an algorithm like a MM for contaminted soils. As to power consumption, it's expected to be excessive. As for me this issue isn't critical, I think external power source could be fitted on belt as it's realized in Minelab GPX series or batteries will be changed more often; results I saw are worth it.

SDF prototype detects a coin fully covered by ferrite penal and produce stable hodograph and detectorist doesn't need to play with settings guessing what is beneath. It's a first time I saw such magnificent achievements with SDF, all the previous achievements fade in comparison with these ones.

There are some features are being worked out to have flat thin rusted iron be separeted from coins. These features are to be added to existing AKA models (Signum, Sorex family, Berkut)
***unqte***

As expected STF will be used on any kind of ground even for gold prospecting on highly mineralized soils.

STF probably will cost usd 12000.

PS.
Due to price level Russian forums produce boiling water emit heated gases :lol:

is that price correct?

$12,000 ? you will not sell any at that price.
The Signum sells for close to $1,200.

$12,000 ? you will not sell any at that price.
The Signum sells for close to $1,200.
Me? Sure! I will not sell any at all since I'm not a seller.

As to AKA, I don't know, they position their new creation for organisations mostly and position it as a portable laboratory :yes:. If you are mding aesthete, probably, you'll have it :chaplin:

Some more fuel from Mr. Lvovich into yr stoves:

***qte***
1. STF machine is very sensitive to entire spectre of targets (poor conductors, low conductors, high conductors). If first frequency misses the target, the second frequency will not and vice versa. VLF physics limits are overcomed by the sum of signals obtained from 2 different frequencies

2. This technology allows to hunt at sites where common detectors are useless. For instance, hundreds of square kilometres alongside sea shore used by ancient Greeks to live there for centures, gold prospecting. STF is able to detect 5 kopecks USSR (standart target for mding tests in RU, aliminium bronze alloy made of, low conductor) hidden in ferrite penal.
This target is very difficult to find even 2 red bricks between.

3. This technology is tend to have perfect perspectives for metall detector creation, which could be used on tide areas at salty sea shores with totally no influance of salty water/dry soil. Watertight detector could be worked out later.

4. STF has supirior identification qualities, which allow to segregate iron targets as classes in addition to non-ferrous/ferrous segregation. This could be valuable for WW2 enthusiasts.

5. This technology could lead to falsing ignorance caused by soil physical condition (empties in a soil) and mechanical unstability (hitting stones/trees with a coil).

All above are subject to be checked in real hunting conditions. Nowadays STF is being tested in laboratory with extreme ground imitators.

We'll keep you informed.
***unqte***

And there are some rumors there will be a lite STF machine too

How does what you describe for the STF differ from what Minelabs or White's multi-frequency machines do? :?:

How does what you describe for the STF differ from what Minelabs or White's multi-frequency machines do? :?:

As per Lvovich (AKA owner, scientist and Chief Engineer) there 2 rotating fields (High and Low frequencies) both set at "super" position in 1 point. Being a common detectorist without special engineering education, I can advise nothing regarding this method.

There is only 1 true multi-frequency machines: White's. As to Minelabs machines they aren't working several frequencies at once, all Minelab's "multi-frequency" is just a marketing fake.

For instance, Sorex Pro (running 1 frequency at once) has the right and stable identification at depth equal to White's depth with the right stable identification but running several frequencies at once.

As per Lvovich (AKA owner, scientist and Chief Engineer) there 2 rotating fields (High and Low frequencies) both set at "super" position in 1 point. Being a common detectorist without special engineering education, I can advise nothing regarding this method.

There is only 1 true multi-frequency machines: White's. As to Minelabs machines they aren't working several frequencies at once, all Minelab's "multi-frequency" is just a marketing fake.

For instance, Sorex Pro (running 1 frequency at once) has the right and stable identification at depth equal to White's depth with the right stable identification but running several frequencies at once.

Agreed, the Minelabs multi-frequency machines only process 3 frequencies, same as White's. Their main difference is the White's VDI number is based on the phase angle between the transmit field and the received signal, whereas the Minelab VDI is a number pair, where the number pair is equivalent to the phase angle from the 0,0 coordinate.

But I still see no radically new concept in the AKA.

Rudy,
I'm not an engineer and can say nothing regarding principles white's and minelab are working on, but Russian engineers consider minelab's multi-frequency as a total fake. Invite Lvovich or Igor to this thread I hope they'll clarify what is a radically new concept

These AKA guys need to take a business class. Nobody in America is going to pay what I assume is $1,200 (not $12,000), for a detector that nobody knows about, by a company that nobody knows about. They need to start by selling their detectors for cheap, to get them in the hands of people and get reviews out there, then they can increase the prices.

I would buy one (the multi-frequency type) for maybe $500, but I'm not spending over $1,000 for a metal detector that nobody can vouch for, and has to be sent to Russia for warranty work.

You can't charge the prices of Minelab or Whites, until you have the popularity of Minelab or Whites.

This detector does have me interested, but the price is wayyyy too high.

These AKA guys need to take a business class. Nobody is going to pay what I assume is $1,200 (not $12,000), for a detector that nobody knows about, by a company that nobody knows about. They need to start by selling their detectors for cheap, to get them in the hands of people and get reviews out there, then they can increase the prices.

I would buy one (the multi-frequency type) for maybe $600, but I'm not spending over $1,000 for a metal detector that nobody can vouch for, and has to be sent to Russia for warranty work.

You are right, usd 12000 per detector is far beyond of my reach too. AKA is not known in USA, but is known in Europe and it has own service point (assembly, warranty) in Bulgary. So, this machine will be produced for Europe mostly. And reviews will come from EU too

You can buy multi-frequency one like Minelab X-Terra or Garret Ace for maybe usd 600 :laughing:

I think, AKA set such a price because of new Minelab gold prospecting machine has equal price, but STF is expected to work everywhere and will allow to hunt for relics, coins and gold prospecting as well.

Pls consider this thread as just a report that some new mding technolgy has been created and nobody is trying to sell something to you.

i disagree. the garrett pp reined supreme for years then other companies (some outside the us) challenged the status quo. they made a deeper PP without the falsing issue. now garrett who had years to fix the obvious problem did nothing because there was no competition. after the market flooded with superior products they answered with the at PP which "fixed" the problem that they had known about for years and years.

minelab which in my opinion sells overpriced detectors for what they are (my current detector is a minelab) is going to feel the pinch of innovation. 1200 bucks for a multi frequency machine, that the single frequency is already causing a stir will shake up the market. to me and i may be wrong, established md'er companies will not pony up any money for r&d until they are forced to. makro, nokta, aka are pushing hard and they will food the US market. the question is how are the big companies going to respond.

1200 bucks really means about 1000 if your willing to make a few calls. instead of everyone bashing these "new" companies we should celebrate them for pushing technology forward because if they didnt the bigger companies would have no reason to.

if i produced one of the only AA batteries and had very little competition of whom also produced a similar product why change? why spend money on r&d? first texas, whites, minelab, tesoro will pony up some cash in r&d as soon as these new companies start taking away from there bottom dollar.

You are right, usd 12000 per detector is far beyond of my reach too. AKA is not known in USA, but is known in Europe and it has own service point (assembly, warranty) in Bulgary. So, this machine will be produced for Europe mostly. And reviews will come from EU too

You can buy multi-frequency one like minelab X-Terra or garret ace for maybe usd 600 :laughing:

I think, AKA set such a price because of new Minelab gold prospecting machine has equal price, but STF is expected to work everywhere and will allow to hunt for relics, coins and gold as well.

Pls consider this thread as just a report that some new mding technolgy has been created and nobody is trying to sell something to you

New Minelab is a PI, which really does ignore the worst ground. I've used a bunch of multi-frequency machines and PIs, and while they multi-frequency VLFs do ignore hotter ground than single frequency VLFs, they still lose depth in hot ground and can't compete with PIs on really hot ground.

Not to mention multi-frequency machines are the least sensitive detectors to tiny gold, which the Minelab PIs excel at finding.

I thought the $12,000 price was a typographical error...

They are setting themselves up for failure if they try to match Minelab's gold prospecting PI price, with a multi-frequency VLF that is probably on par with the Etrac at best.

Why not? New Minelab's machine cost is usd 10000
I wish it cost 12000 rubles :roll:

Minelab PIs are the best gold prospecting PIs on the market, they are the deepest and most sensitive to tiny gold... that is why they can charge whatever they want.

AKA makes another two frequency VLF, that is already done by the Whites V3i/DFX/Beach Hunter, Fisher CZ series, along with Minelab's multi-frequency machines... and tries to charge 10x more. What makes it worth 10x as much as the other ones on the market?

They better have some serious new technology that beats every other detector on the market if they expect to sell even one. They pretty much priced themselves out of the market, and I doubt they sell even one.

I'm thinking that a mistake was made and it's price is actually $1,200, because $12,000 is just crazy. Even $1,200 is crazy for a detector from an unproven company.

I was writing an answer... and finally decided to avoid arguing with "supirior western detectors because they are western". There are some detectorists in USA who use AKA detectors, so let their finds speak. No more argue.

Price usd 12000 is abnormal crazy, that's for sure. Minelab's GPZ 7000 has abnormal crazy price too.

There is almost nothing to discuss yet.
I disagree with a statement,that AKA is unproven company or brand.Only a man who is not informed in detecting fully can say like that.
AKA is a famous brand and approx.20 years of building detectors.There are dozens of patents due to the AKA's technology.
Thousands of Signums,Sorexes,Berkuts,Kondors,Piligrims were sold in different countries,including the USA,the UK... and of course,in Russia.
Anyone who is really interested could read a lot of forums and watch a lot of videos proving all said above.
Concerning new models,their capabilities and their prices,it is better to wait for a presentation,first tests and videos and to discuss right away they finish.
It goes without any saying,that all AKAs have prominent detecting data and a very original identification of targets not similar to other brands.
I do not want to say,the brand is better or worse,but it is the original and very effective in searching.

Back
Top Bottom