My first real finds

Minesweep

My first day out with my MD and I actually found something! First off, I have no idea what I am doing with my MD. It all started like this. I was asked to find my best friends brothers wedding ring he lost in his yard. His ring is tungsten and I just so happen to have a tungsten wedding ring too. So I thought I could notch my MD to locate his ring. But I dont really get how notch works and when I was scanning my ring it always came up as a pull tab. So i just started looking well it turns out his brother ran over a beer can on his lawn mower and shot pieces everywhere. And those where coming up as pull tabs. So after a couple of hours of frustrated digging. I bailed out and just started looking for coins and stuff. I ended up finding a Large S-shaped wrench about 12' under. It is really rusty and I cant find any marks. Is there any advice on how to clean the wrench? Then I found my first coin, A 1952 wheat penny. Than that was all that was good besides nails and crap.

thanks for listening to my story.

Nice of you to try and find the ring. I have one of the S wrenchs they were used to remove distributors on older cars. The more you go out the better you will be on pinpointing targets. Icewater

A wheatie? You can't play the "Rookie" card anymore!!! LOL

Congratulations on the first hunt. By the way, when a mower hits a can, the result is called "Can Slaw"...you'll come to hate it.

Thanks for the story...I enjoyed it.

HH,

John

Back
Top Bottom