• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Another Near Miss

Call Me V

Early last week I pulled out a nice silver ring that just turned out to be an Avon ring. Last night we got in an hour of hunting (first time out in a week). And I got a SOLID clean 60-61 hit on my AT Pro. An inch down I pulled out this ring.

Try as I might I couldn't find a hallmark. When I got home and cleaned it up I could see where plating was wearing off.

Oh so close, but not quite there... again :(

Attachments

• IMG_1198.jpg
    IMG_1198.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 172
Those near misses are a double edged sword! Better than no ring but a teaser! Found a nice ring today and hoped it was silver but see the stainless steel etched inside!

But as others said, your finding rings, that’s half the battle!

Don't get me wrong, I'm having a blast finding what I am. To find what I have tells me that I'm doing something right. I'm just really wanting that one great ring... buffalo nickel... barber dime... seated liberty dollar...

That's beautiful, though! I think it's a great find... congrats, V! :waytogo:

Don't get me wrong, I'm having a blast finding what I am. To find what I have tells me that I'm doing something right. I'm just really wanting that one great ring... buffalo nickel... barber dime... seated liberty dollar...

That one great ring will come eventually. All I can say is persistence! Took me 7 years to find my first, proper valuable ring. Was it worth the long wait? Definitely! Had I've gone out more often, then those 7 years may've only been 4 years. Either way, finding jewellery of any kind is exciting...you slowly build a decent collection over the years and every once is a while you may get lucky and find some gold/platinum/silver etc. You've been detecting for about 2 months now, and you've been finding some pretty cool things, so you know you're doing it right. Just got to be in the right place, at the right time :)

Man oh man V you are pulling rings out like they are Zinc pennies!! Keep it up and the next one just may be gold!! Congrats!!

Back
Top Bottom