More Goods From The Ghetto..925 & More

arw40

Forum Supporter
Nice crisp morning was out at it early. I took a pass by the park from yesterday but there was a few unsavory characters hanging there so I passed on that one. I headed off to the next one on my list and it looked good so off I went. Again, these parks are loaded with soooo much trash Im pretty much digging everything. I took the AT Pro again because thats my choice for these trashy parks. One thing at this park today is the ground was also loaded with broken glass. I needed to be extra careful when checking plugs.

I ended up spending about 3 hours at this park which was good for me as I put in 5 hours yesterday and was a little sore. I found a part of a knife and also half a handcuff. I scored the normal clad ( $8.46 ), I found two different medals at opposite ends of the park. One from 2008 and the other from 2011. Police community thing with the kids it looks like. I also found a junker ring then getting on late in the hunt I picked up the nice 925 chain at about 4" deep. That cleaned up well. The one find I thought was really interesting was this I think lead sailor figurine ?? Its 4" tall has a base on it but comes in super heavy at 6.45 ounces ! If there are any history people that happen to read this post and can offer some assistance on what this might be it would be greatly appreciated. Im not a history person myself. This thing was found at almost 8" deep. All in all it was another great day ducking into one of these ghetto parks. I have really cleaned up at these places this season. Only one gold thus far but its gonna take cleaning these parks out of the trash to get to the good stuff...Hope all had an enjoyable weekend....HH ! :grin:

Attachments

• DSCN0604.jpg
    DSCN0604.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 406
  • DSCN0605.jpg
    DSCN0605.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 366
  • DSCN0608.jpg
    DSCN0608.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 344
  • DSCN0607.jpg
    DSCN0607.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 344
  • DSCN0606.jpg
    DSCN0606.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 352
Nice finds,but your gonna lose your rig in the hood to a bunch of 12 year olds with a 9mm...lol

What do we have a bunch of members afraid to venture out of their comfort zone ? No risk no reward. That being said and Ive said this before I am extra careful when going to these places. If something doesnt look right im out of there. Im certainly not gonna let a bunch of hoodrats run me out of the area. I enjoy slipping in when their not around, taking the loot and slipping out. Its all good and the rewards have been nice to me thus far...

I love your raid and run tactics Andy. Still use extra care. Have hunted some shaded spots in brew city. Once had a close call and I was was lucky to get out. That being said, congrats on another very nice clad take along with the Sterling Chain. Trapper

Nice haul!:yes: I hunt the same way at certain areas here as well. A lot of the oldest places in town are the worst places in town here.:yes:

I had a friend who thought he lost his wedding ring in such a neighborhood. He had been helping someone move and then noticed he ring missing. He knew I had this hobby and asked if I would search the property where he was convinced he lost it at.
I would stop in after work and do some short searches. On the last search, time got away from me as I was going over the yard again and it was starting begin to get a little dark. I was of course lost in my own world listening for a signal no longer paying as close attention to what was happening around me.

A voice from across the street snapped me back into the real world.

Hey your out of place in this neighborhood.
Who gave you permission to be here doing that?
I told who had. He said there wasn't a problem with searching since I had permission.

Then he said, Well you can take my advice or not, but if I was you I would be packing up and getting out of the neighborhood, because it is about to not be safe for anyone this late.

I quickly headed to the car thanking him for his advice.

My friend's wife of course was not happy that he had lost his ring.
He ended up finding it in his shed where he had got his gloves and Dollie to help in the move.

That silver chain is quite nice! I like chains, regardless if silver, stainless steel, gold etc, I just like finding them when they're in good condition.

Back
Top Bottom