Gold nugget and fine gold detector advice

SandLine

Hello all,

My first post here and I will lay out what I need and humbly ask for some advice.

I want to use a MD to enhance my prospecting. This will be done primarily in the Pacific North Wet here in the Oregon Cascades and for in-stream work. The gold found here is fines and pickers, the areas are igneous in geologic conformation. Seems to be plenty of hematite and magnetite in the black sands.

It is important that I can at least get the coil and shaft wet.

I have been looking at the Garrett AT Pro for its waterproof features but has it been used to sucessfully prospect out gold?

The other detectors I have looked into albeit only briefly are the Xterra 705 and the Fischer Gold bug series. How are they at handling the wet?

I appreciate any advice to help me pick the right one for my needs. Thank you all ahead of time.

SandLine (Michael)

I just got a Gold Bug 2 but have not had a real chance to use it. Did a little prospecting but found mostly old bolts. Have found clad quarter and pennies with it.

Will be trying it out tomorrow. I will be going camping in the Gold Country of California near Auburn/Cofax.

Yes, please!

Please let me know how it worked for you. And of course, pictures of your finds!;)

My Fisher Gold Bug S.E. works great as well as my Minelab 705 Gold Pack!!! My MXT is my backup......

Dusty

Attachments

• user13648_pic17400_1297879899.jpg
    user13648_pic17400_1297879899.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,144
There's not much "wet" around here unless you hunt the banks of the Rio Grande river.....I can't speak about "Salt" wet, but normal moisture has never given me any problems......we only get about 6 inches of rain a year if we are lucky.......getting the coil and/or shaft wet won't be a problem unless you raise the coil higher than the control box and the water runs down the shaft.

Dusty

Hello all,

My first post here and I will lay out what I need and humbly ask for some advice.

I want to use a MD to enhance my prospecting. This will be done primarily in the Pacific North Wet here in the Oregon Cascades and for in-stream work. The gold found here is fines and pickers, the areas are igneous in geologic conformation. Seems to be plenty of hematite and magnetite in the black sands.

It is important that I can at least get the coil and shaft wet.

I have been looking at the Garrett AT Pro for its waterproof features but has it been used to sucessfully prospect out gold?

The other detectors I have looked into albeit only briefly are the Xterra 705 and the Fischer Gold bug series. How are they at handling the wet?

I appreciate any advice to help me pick the right one for my needs. Thank you all ahead of time.

SandLine (Michael)

Good morning!
If you will Email me: [email protected] I'll put you in touch with one of our Factory Trained, certified Metal Detector Experts who will work with you and answer all your questions. Kellyco is the Largest and Oldest metal detector Dealer in the world. We've been in business over 50 years and we are a sponsor on this forum. In addition, Kellyco’s policy is to meet or beat ANY competitor’s price quote (in most cases). I look forward to hearing from you!

And no matter what, Happy Hunting!

Gold Bug 2

This is the machine that will get all the small stuff. Spend money on extra coils and coil covers. Remember you want the gold. I have the GB2 in NC because we have the small gold here.

They say go where gold has been found to find gold. I say use the equipment to find gold that they used. There are more multi purpose machine out there, but th GB2 still holds all the records., and the price and learning curves are easy.

Thank you

Thanks for the input! I appreciate the thoughts so far.

KellyCo, I'll be giving you a call when I am ready to plunk down the coin and bend your ear. Later this summer as I am saving up for the purchase.

Gold Nugget Detector

Hi Michael,

Wanda here, from Kellyco Metal Detectors. Give me a buzz here at Kellyco 800-327-9697 x134 and I will be happy to get you into the best Gold detector for your area and needs. I have been here for a bit over 10 yrs and love detecting myself. Hope to talk to you soon!

Wanda
[email protected]

KellyCo, I'll be giving you a call when I am ready to plunk down the coin and bend your ear. Later this summer as I am saving up for the purchase.

Awesome!!! Looking forward to earning your business!

Welcome Wanda!!!! You're gonna love it here

Back
Top Bottom