Last 2 hunts gold and silver..

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
Last two days I hit two different small beaches full of rocks and mud/clay... coins silver and junk rings from my Monday hunt... yesterdays hunt was the buff nickel, the gold ring and the two suspender buckles... its a very hard beach to hunt.. if you stand too long in one spot you start to sink in the suction mud and then its a battle to get unstuck. ring is 1.2 grams looks fairly old... it sounded like trash as its open in the back... hunted with the Excal.

Attachments

• IMG_0264.jpg
    IMG_0264.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_0265.jpg
    IMG_0265.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 494
I sure am glad your finding time to get out! By the looks you have not lost your touch! :pirate2:

:dingding: Nice goodies their Craig! There's a beach that I refuse to hunt that has the mud like your describing where its quite the effort to get unstuck. It's just not worth the hassle to me. That's also how big sections of beaches in Key West are.

I sure am glad your finding time to get out! By the looks you have not lost your touch! :pirate2:

Thanks Joe... I'm finding 1 gram at a time :lol:

:dingding: Nice goodies their Craig! There's a beach that I refuse to hunt that has the mud like your describing where its quite the effort to get unstuck. It's just not worth the hassle to me. That's also how big sections of beaches in Key West are.

Thanks Felix... many others think like you do.. gives me the advantage :D If I visit.. I want you to take me to those muddy beaches ;)

You Know what Craig

It's amazing how you can find gold so easy in CT, were some go to Florida on a trip, were the tourist visit all year long, and- yet return over 1000 miles back only to get skunked :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: your the best bro., maybe you can save Scuba with some pro tip's, so he can find gold before he return's howboutit :sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::lol2:

It's amazing how you can find gold so easy in CT, were some go to Florida on a trip, were the tourist visit all year long, and- yet return over 1000 miles back only to get skunked :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: your the best bro., maybe you can save Scuba with some pro tip's, so he can find gold before he return's howboutit :sos::sos::sos::sos::sos::lol2:

Earl... finding gold in CT is not easy.. you should know that after your trip up here... Robert is a very good hunter.. his tenacity is proof of that... year after year he does very well and is always fun to see his finds.

Congrats on the gold & silver... that's a really good-looking buffalo nickel!

Thanks... the buff's come out of the water pretty clean on occasion what you can't see is it looks dehydrated ;) it looks like cracks running through the surface.

Sweet hunts. Glad you're getting out Craig. We have some warm weather coming next week, will check in to see what you find.

Congrats on the finds! Sounds like a lot of effort goes into hunting those beaches. Been thru those sucking sand beaches here as well. One time dropped up to my waist as what I thought was sand was a outgoing stream of sand and water. Glad that sucker was only waist deep.

Sweet hunts. Glad you're getting out Craig. We have some warm weather coming next week, will check in to see what you find.

Thanks Frank... I plan on hunting next week... I'm trying to get in as much hunting as possible as Diana is having a total knee replacement the 30th of March... I have been landscaping for 30 years and I am not worn out yet :D she is 10 years younger than I am :roll:

Awesome hunt! Awesome finds!

Thanks Beachhunter.. ;)

Really great haul Craig, is that a barber down there I see next to the Rosie? Getting into the oldies for sure, nice job!

They are both rosies cellr... even if it was its only worth melt...

Congrats on the finds! Sounds like a lot of effort goes into hunting those beaches. Been thru those sucking sand beaches here as well. One time dropped up to my waist as what I thought was sand was a outgoing stream of sand and water. Glad that sucker was only waist deep.

Thanks Numil....no sand at this beach... its like 4 inches of suction mud followed by compressed stinky mud and gravel then followed by clay... its a lot of work getting the scoop up and out of it... lot of lazy hunters around these parts who won't hunt these conditions but I will :D

Here is the aftermath of PI JOE getting stuck in suction mud :laughing: Its still funny after all these years...

Thanks Frank... I plan on hunting next week... I'm trying to get in as much hunting as possible as Diana is having a total knee replacement the 30th of March... I have been landscaping for 30 years and I am not worn out yet :D she is 10 years younger than I am :roll:

Thanks Beachhunter.. ;)

They are both rosies cellr... even if it was its only worth melt...

Thanks Numil....no sand at this beach... its like 4 inches of suction mud followed by compressed stinky mud and gravel then followed by clay... its a lot of work getting the scoop up and out of it... lot of lazy hunters around these parts who won't hunt these conditions but I will :D

Here is the aftermath of PI JOE getting stuck in suction mud :laughing: Its still funny after all these years...

I pulled 80 pcs of lead out of that suction mud last weekend in the rain. My calf muscles still hurt and so does my shoulder on the scooping arm. That mud absolutely STINKS too. :laughing:

Lets hit it monday or wednesday!

Back
Top Bottom