~~Large Cent..Buffalo..indians..silver..relics~~

goes4ever

Elite Member
Saturday I went north to hunt with two buddies Erich and Jeremy. In the morning the three of us hit a couple field sites, I got a buffalo and couple wheats, nothing much else, after luch Erich and I hit a farm yard and I got the brass/copper charm bracelet, silver washington and merc.

It rained off and on almost all day so that didn't help matters at all.

Sunday the 3 of us hit another field site and 2 minutes into the field I got the 1853 LC, Jeremy got a CW store card and Erich got a 1830's LC as well. I found the bell, and brass ring at that site too. We hit another field site and my only keeper was the suspender buckle, Erich scored a nice 1918 SLQ. After that we hit one farm yard and I got a 1901 indian, only keeper I was able to find. It was a fun weekend hunting with friends, hope this fall weather stays with us for awhile.

DSC02887.jpg

DSC02888.jpg

DSC02889.jpg

DSC02890.jpg

DSC02891.jpg

Wicked awesome finds! Your soil is a LOT more gentle on copper than it is here. Nice finds, way to sniff them out!

Man you got all kinds of goodies there! awesome hunt!

Great finds Terry. Glad to see the fields and farms are still producing for you!

Did you ever get a chance to get back to that park that you had told me about and I found a couple old wheats and a merc? It is cooled down now and might be even better digs now.

Greg

Clue me in, please.

I've often read about guys MD'ing fields. This post is a case in point. Are these fields just open crop fields? To what do you attribute all the "drops"?
Are these fields around old foundations? I can't imagine how there's so much stuff laying out in those open fields.

Nice finds, as always.
My son and I have been hitting the Ohio fields and have found a few nice items, including an 1831 LC and 1842 LC, along with buttons and interesting items. I will be posting pics as soon as I get around to photographing them.

I know a lot of people like field hunting, but I think I'm still partial to the front yard of a honey hole. :)

I've often read about guys MD'ing fields. This post is a case in point. Are these fields just open crop fields? To what do you attribute all the "drops"?
Are these fields around old foundations? I can't imagine how there's so much stuff laying out in those open fields.
I use old maps and locate where old houses used to stand

Back
Top Bottom