Review: Aukey EP-B33 earbuds with the Equinox

JimR_TN

Elite Member
I picked up a pair of Aukey EP-B33 earbuds on Amazon Prime day $49.99 with $30 coupon = $19.99. (they still seem to have the coupon) I've been using the Aukey B80s since June and have been very pleased with them. But at this price I had to give these a try. I took them out for about 2 1/2 hours today.

These are great earbuds. They are sport earbuds that are sweatproof. They paired with my Nox 600 easily and they were very comfortable. The sound quality is better than the B80s with more bass and everything was clear. I feel that sometimes a weak metal detector signal comes in a bit static sounding with the B80s. They also reduce the outside noise a bit more.

They are very comfortable although since they don't have the over the ear hooks they did come out once or twice but even with gloves it was not an issue to put it back in.

I do recommend these and it is good to have another aptX LL option.

Thanks for posting these, Jim - as you said, it’s good to know about quality AptX LL earbud options that work well with the Equinox series.

I think another important difference to point out is that the B33 earbuds do not have ear hooks, while the B80 earphones do. For me, it’s a critical difference - it may just be the shape of my ear canal, but I have yet to find earbuds without ear hooks that can stay in my ears for more than a few minutes regardless of manufacturer and/or tip size. It’s extremely annoying and frustrating to have to constantly reposition or re-seat earbuds in your ear, especially while wearing dirty/muddy gloves - ear hooks on the B80s instantly solve that issue. Just something for folks to consider before purchasing or choosing between the two models.

Back
Top Bottom