Budget pinpointer?

Some years back i had a problem with my Garrett Pro Pointer. Bought the Cen-Tec from Harbor Freight Cost me around 15 dollars. It had to be touching a coin to detect it.
Then when the temps got over 85 degrees it would beep constantly. Garrett fixed my Pro Pointer under warranty and shipped it back to me by UPS. They had it like three days total.

I am in love with Amazon Prime! As time goes on, with all the data mining, it will only get better.

I don't use credit cards so I used gift cards when buying from Amazon. The last time I tried to buy an expensive item they wouldn't honor their gift card unless I had a credit card too. If I had one I wouldn't have bought their gift card in the first place. I never renewed my Prime account.

GP Pointer 2 is reportedly better and waterproof. Super pleased with mine and even sold my others including TRX, F-Pulse. Not for everybody, and F-Pulse was the highest quality of any I used.

It can be found under Shrxy pinpointer on Amazon, and it's the one closer to $30, not the cheaper original GP. Who knows if it'll hold up but will take the chance for the price. Will gladly water test mine and do some hard use tests as well.

Can confirm. The updated version is in another league.

GP Pointer 2 is reportedly better and waterproof. Super pleased with mine and even sold my others including TRX, F-Pulse. Not for everybody, and F-Pulse was the highest quality of any I used.

It can be found under Shrxy pinpointer on Amazon, and it's the one closer to $30, not the cheaper original GP. Who knows if it'll hold up but will take the chance for the price. Will gladly water test mine and do some hard use tests as well.

Is it the one that looks like a TRX and is black?

Is it the one that looks like a TRX and is black?

Yep, they also have an orange one for more visibility but it has a lost pinpointer function if left on like other units. I have a couple of the black GP2's. TRX has/had some obvious advantages such as target ratcheting / ground grab and more sensitivity at the tip vs sides but can't really complain. The GP2 I tested is definitely waterproof and floats too.

Yep, they also have an orange one for more visibility but it has a lost pinpointer function if left on like other units. I have a couple of the black GP2's. TRX has/had some obvious advantages such as target ratcheting / ground grab and more sensitivity at the tip vs sides but can't really complain. The GP2 I tested is definitely waterproof and floats too.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm more than happy with my Garrett Carrot, but I love to tinker, so I may give that "GP2" a closer look.

Back
Top Bottom