I met a police officer.

metaladdict

Elite Member
I was on vacation this week so I hit some playgrounds. A concerned looking young mom kinda whizzed by me to her daughter. Later the girl poked her head out of a tube asking me why my (hand shovel) looked like a knife I guess?
I said it's a shovel for digging.
Later the officer comes and asks me what I'm doing and there was a report of a knife. I showed him my green shovel. He asked for my i.d. I gave it to him.
He was friendly. No problem and he left.
I left too because I was hot and also finished.
I could have gone earlier and avoided people but sometimes things like this happen. Today's paranoid parents.:yes:

Today's paranoid parents. - yep... I am sure many of us remember our younger years where we rode bikes anywhere, had our dog running with us, went on explorations in the woods, went fishing day and night, trips to the store, and never a problem. Sad those times seem to be gone. Glad all went well with Mr. PoPo!

Sadly, with all the yah-yah's out there everybody is a bit on edge. Glad I'm not on patrol anymore. My church is much more careful. I am head of security there, and yeah, we watch everything carefully. Sign of the Age in which we live.

Yep, I remember back in the late 70’s early 80’s when I was a teen, we could walk through our subdivision with shotguns cracked over one shoulder, couple cottontails slung over the other, no one that we knew made any kind of deal about it. And we lived across from the high school (and hunted behind it). Shoot, we could even take gun stocks and such into woodworking class.

Times change.

Today's paranoid parents. - yep... I am sure many of us remember our younger years where we rode bikes anywhere, had our dog running with us, went on explorations in the woods, went fishing day and night, trips to the store, and never a problem. Sad those times seem to be gone. Glad all went well with Mr. PoPo!
Has it really changed that much? Thing is today kids won’t leave the house because they’re tethered to you-know-what...:lol:...:no:

I am so thankful that I was born in the 50's and got to experience life in America the way it was meant to be. I understand that times change but what is going on today is more like a "breakdown" of society :>((
I enjoy hunting tot-lots but the looks you get from the parents...you're either a pedophile or a kid-napper.

Good points LTShiny…….I grew up in the early fifties and we rode our bikes everywhere and rode them WITHOUT helmets. Woods were a favorite place for us kids to play until past dark even. We walked to and from school by ourselves, went fishing by ourselves, and a lot of other things.....without parents getting involved. We kids exercised our minds and bodies. Today's kids are sheltered way beyond what's necessary.

Good points LTShiny…….I grew up in the early fifties and we rode our bikes everywhere and rode them WITHOUT helmets. Woods were a favorite place for us kids to play until past dark even. We walked to and from school by ourselves, went fishing by ourselves, and a lot of other things.....without parents getting involved. We kids exercised our minds and bodies. Today's kids are sheltered way beyond what's necessary.

So true!

Back
Top Bottom