Big silver and another first for me!

detectorben

Elite Member
Headed out with my hunting buddy pastor Bob for some small town parks and door knocking today. Day started off a little slow with a merc dime and 1 wheatie at the first park. Then things heated up a bit at an 1800s church yard where I found a spill with 4 indian head pennies! The most old coins I have ever found in a spill. Then Bob used his magic touch to get us permission on an old house on a corner lot. My second signal was a 32/34 right by the sidewalk and out popped my first Franklin half dollar! Then I found 9 more wheat pennies and another mercury dime in the side yard! It was a great day!
5f66a5b9587fd6f413015384f6a4b8dd.jpg
6d309343b541585190356a12c2846cad.jpg
992265691b836ed780bb59bf92712025.jpg
ce3cebeffd3883a4d378ed95529e485b.jpg
84087264cd09a309798b8ed7497987a7.jpg
cd9a3053d9e7745b01228e3d52878858.jpg
7bf4b19f693ddd56bf84a05d9cd86297.jpg
15ca862fa13cd540f190a65601678ea3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

:wow2: Congratulations! It sounds like you had an incredible & blessed couple of hunts! I really like the detail on that 1891 Indian head. Contrats on the silver, wheats, and on your first Franklin half!

Whoah Mamma.... awesome finds! Those Indians look great, nice Mercs, and nothing like a Big Ben to make that detecting special, congratulations!

A great outing Ben not only in your finds but because you were able to share the experience with a great friend. That being said Congrats on the Franklin, the Indians, the Merc's and all those Wheat's. Trapper

TOTALLY AWESOME day you had

interesting how if the pennies came from the same spill that the oldest is actually the most pristine of them all.. one would think the older ones would of had less use.. either way freaking cool !

What a day! Having success detecting with a friend is great, but when it's a haul like that; fantastic! Congrats on the Ben, Ben!
Haha Thanks!!
I had visions of digging my first benji today, never happened though :laughing: Great hunting, congrats!
Lol it will come. Good luck I hope you find one soon! Thanks!
:wow2: Congratulations! It sounds like you had an incredible & blessed couple of hunts! I really like the detail on that 1891 Indian head. Contrats on the silver, wheats, and on your first Franklin half!
Thanks!!
Congrats on the nice finds.

HD
Thanks!
Whoah Mamma.... awesome finds! Those Indians look great, nice Mercs, and nothing like a Big Ben to make that detecting special, congratulations!
Thanks!!
Wow, the IH's are in such condition. That soil must be benign.
Thanks. Yes the soil in this area is usually very good to coins.
A great outing Ben not only in your finds but because you were able to share the experience with a great friend. That being said Congrats on the Franklin, the Indians, the Merc's and all those Wheat's. Trapper
Thanks a lot Trapper!
TOTALLY AWESOME day you had

interesting how if the pennies came from the same spill that the oldest is actually the most pristine of them all.. one would think the older ones would of had less use.. either way freaking cool !
That is surprising. If only the coins could talk! I would love to know how and when they were dropped.
Awesome finds! I'm a fan of your YouTube channel! Keep it up!
Thanks I appreciate that! I got a few of these coins on video as well so they will be posted later. The home owner was watching us when I dug the Franklin half and she was a little unsure about things so I didnt feel comfortable filming in her yard.
Super nice finds....congrats!
Thanks!!
Now that’s a great day, no matter where or who you are! Congrats!
Agreed! Thanks a lot!

I'm glad you had a good time! The Ben half is still on my radar, and that is a fine-looking little tried you have.

At least the homeowner didn't jack your coin like that dude and the barber quarter! I would hate to see that again!

I'm glad you had a good time! The Ben half is still on my radar, and that is a fine-looking little tried you have.
Thanks! Good luck finding a Franklin!
At least the homeowner didn't jack your coin like that dude and the barber quarter! I would hate to see that again!
Yes that would have been heartbreaking. She would have had to pry it from my hands lol.

Congrats on the Indians, wheat harvest and silvers...and especially on finding Big Ben for the first time! Excellent hunt!
Thanks Capt!
Dang that's some GOOD hunting there! :wow: Congrats on Ben and all those IHP's.
Thanks!
Nice work! I wish the Indians came out of the ground looking that nice around here....
Thanks! Our ground here is usually pretty nice to most coins fortunately.

Back
Top Bottom