Park finds and maybe start of a new treasure hunter.

HDMontana

Elite Member
Here's my total for 2 days hunting. Two different parks for a couple of hours in each. I got $8.96 in clad. The nox 800 is doing well but still no jewelry. Today I was working in the wood chips under playground equipment. A man and his young son, maybe 4 or 5 years old, came up. The little boy says to me "cool metal detector sir". I thanked him and started up a conversation with his father. After that, I continued working the wood chips with the little one watching. Got a penny signal. Asked him to help me find it. I pushed chips around with the pinpointer until he saw the coin. Told him it was his since he saw it first. Did a few more with him, the last being a dime. His dad said i was giving away my profit, but I assured him it was worth it. They left shortly after that with the dad thanking me. It was a good day.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
d9a2fa71f1d90baa0ab6c65f13ed5f87.jpg

Congrats on a great hunt! Opportunities to share with others about the hobby are always fun. Detecting at a park recently, my brother Wolf-Dog and I were joined by 3 young kids and their parents. One of them had just received a Bounty Hunter Junior, and his sister was amazed at "how many people have metal detectors." Wolfie stopped to answer some questions the parents had about the hobby, and referred them here to FMDF... meanwhile, the two little girls followed me around, watching and sometimes helping as I uncovered different targets. :D It was fun.

Nice job on the clad, too!

Thank you. Nice job to you, as well, helping and showing the people you met.

Look at the bright side: Even though it's only clad, you're paying for your batteries, and maybe even your fuel to get there ! :)

Might only be clad now, but pretty soon it will be wheaties and mercs. Then barbers. Then seateds. Then gold coins. The bucket-listers will fly by ! Pretty soon: Any gold coin newer than 1850 will bore you to tears ! :cool3:

Coinshooting camp sites in state park

I’m camping in SE Michigan this week a couple towns over from home. We’re making sure there are not any issues with the camper before any long trips. I figured I’d coinshoot campsites. I started in park 2 on my nox 800. Slowly I discriminated till the hundreds of beer caps etc didn’t keep me digging nonstop. Basically everything lower than a VDI of 18 I turned off. I found that I could find everything but nickels((VDI in low teens). One thing I immediately noticed that all VDI numbers were 5 or 6 high. I’m sure this is because of extreme trash I discriminated out. $6 in clad in a little over an hour because my wife and I had other plans. Tomorrow I’ll get out early before the weekend crowd shows up and when there are lots of empty sites. The more I use my new nox the more I learn. I’ll shift over to the beach and picnic areas after the weekend folks show and fill the campsites. Pretty sure they would not be comfortable with me detecting while they camp.

Look at the bright side: Even though it's only clad, you're paying for your batteries, and maybe even your fuel to get there ! :)

Might only be clad now, but pretty soon it will be wheaties and mercs. Then barbers. Then seateds. Then gold coins. The bucket-listers will fly by ! Pretty soon: Any gold coin newer than 1850 will bore you to tears ! :cool3:

Well... I finally found my first US "older than 100 year" coin, last week. (1904 IHP). I must be just about to hit the crest of the wave and run into all those mercs, barbers, seateds and golds.

Woot!!

Here's my total for 2 days hunting. Two different parks for a couple of hours in each. I got $8.96 in clad. The nox 800 is doing well but still no jewelry. Today I was working in the wood chips under playground equipment. A man and his young son, maybe 4 or 5 years old, came up. The little boy says to me "cool metal detector sir". I thanked him and started up a conversation with his father. After that, I continued working the wood chips with the little one watching. Got a penny signal. Asked him to help me find it. I pushed chips around with the pinpointer until he saw the coin. Told him it was his since he saw it first. Did a few more with him, the last being a dime. His dad said i was giving away my profit, but I assured him it was worth it. They left shortly after that with the dad thanking me. It was a good day.

d9a2fa71f1d90baa0ab6c65f13ed5f87.jpg

I would like to see you give coins to 10 kids following you around in a playground, I did, big mistake.:lol: They are like ants on a candy bar!

Well... I finally found my first US "older than 100 year" coin, last week. (1904 IHP). I must be just about to hit the crest of the wave and run into all those mercs, barbers, seateds and golds.

Woot!!
And we want pictures when you do.

Back
Top Bottom