1-10-2014 Finds at Camp site

Seven

Forum Supporter
Not much luck today at the Civil War camp site. I pulled one .58 caliber Minie ball, a button back, and a 192? Mercury dime, and my partner Kingdom got a couple of pieces of a harmonica reed and a .45 shell casing. We each found more head stamps that I will post after get finished tumbling.

Attachments

• 1-10-2014 finds.jpg
    1-10-2014 finds.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 513
For those of you who are keeping up with our progress at the Civil War site since December 12, 2013, here is an updated finds map. We have pulled 190 artifacts from this site, not counting head stamps. Would really like to pull 10 more and make it an even 200 before we leave it and turn everything over to the local museum. But then I remember thinking it had played itself out when we were at 35 artifacts. :D:D

Attachments

• 1-10-14 CW site map.jpg
    1-10-14 CW site map.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 482
Yeah I can't complain, Brainworm. That makes four silvers this week from the site.

Sounds like a good location, listen to those tones and move slow, I hunt a park that produces similar finds I dig everything for the an hour or two looking for gold than cherry pick afterwards, each time I go back I dig everything, the gold is their amongst those pull tabs I call it the trill of the hunt you'll never know what it is till you dig it.:lol:

Not what you were expecting, Seven (the Merc), but nice find, anyway! The other stuff is nice, too.

One question -- I notice that none of your "find markers" (except maybe 94 and 96) are in the trees...are those areas too dense to hunt? If not, that could be one way to possibly make it to "200."

Steve

Not what you were expecting, Seven (the Merc), but nice find, anyway! The other stuff is nice, too.

One question -- I notice that none of your "find markers" (except maybe 94 and 96) are in the trees...are those areas too dense to hunt? If not, that could be one way to possibly make it to "200."

Steve

We have hunted what woods we could that separate the fields, but yeah, some spots are just too thick to get through. One of the better spots in the woods is full of old swing sets and other junk. There is a good mowed field that joins the site that we do not yet have permission to hunt. In fact, it may be the best of all the fields. We are working on trying to get permission.

Back
Top Bottom