Kellyco?

Freetime89

Ok so I am set on an ACE 250 thanks to all of you out there. There are a bunch of places I can purchase it, but kellyco keeps popping up. It took me a awhile to figure out all of the additional accessories they were offering me and most of them seem like junk, but they are trying to make the purchase look AWESOME!. Are there deals actually that great? If they are I am stuck between the purchase of 2 packages. One is their deluxe and offers a 9 - 12" coil. Is the bigger coil that much better and if so why? The second package includes a pin pointer which I have heard is a necessity for coin shooting. If the coil isn't that important I will go with the pinpointer package, but if it is I will go with the coil and buy the pinpointer seperatly. I hope that wasn't too confusing. I appreciate the feed back thank you everyone you have been a great help so far

One mans junk is another mans treasure... what do you want for free? :)

Tell them to keep their offers and ask them to take off additional money from the selling price that is what I did and got...

The bigger coil will give you alittle more depth, some use pinponters and some don't. I personally never have had the need for a pinpointer. I would do as Cfmct-PI mentioned, see if they would keep the free stuff and give you a better deal.

IMHO. I started MD this summer and later bought a Garret Pro Pinpointer a few weeks ago. I can locate shallow objects very quickly. I can also locate deep objects after digging 10 inches and locate quickly where to dig in the hole. My point is the faster one can dig, the faster one can move on to the next dig. I pinpointer is absolute needed tool. Just my opinion. I also have had good look at Kelly Co. for quick responses. Good Luck.

I never used an Ace 250 or a Garrett for that matter. I hear good things from people with their Aces. But I have used many detectors for coin shooting. The 12" coil sounds too big for coin shooting where there is trash. I would go with the stock coil and pin pointer package. I do most of my coin hunting with a 5 and 8 inch coil. Big coils do go deeper, but masking becomes a big problem.

The best deal is to skip the packages and just get the detector with stock coil and then get the sniper coil as well. But if you were gonna go with one of the packages available Id suggest the one with the pinpointer , you dont really need a pinpointer but there will probably be more occasions to use one than the bigger coil.

The 9x12 coil is a beast as it helps cover more ground. The sniper coil is good in trashy areas. I never take off my 9x12 coil and I currently have a 10x14 DD on backorder with kellyco which supposedly gives you more depth and a better scanning area but I can't verify that until I get mine. If you buy an Ace from kellyco you can get the 10x14 DD coil for $125. I hunt the beach so a pinpointer is useless to me.

When I bought mine I got the deluxe package and ended up going back and getting the PP. I haven't really noticed that much of a difference between the two coils. If I could go back and do it over again, I would go with the pointer package, you'll get more use out of the pointer than you will the "spare" coil.

If your just getting started metal detecting and don't have a machine yet, the Ace 250 already comes with a decent stock coil to hunt with. The pinpointer would be an optional piece of equipment you could benefit from just starting out. After you learn the machine and feel comfortable with it then you could upgrade the coil if you wanted to.

I would go with the stock coil and the pinpointer deal. But you have to make the choice and live with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom