Any guess what this is ??

Lightningjack

Forum Supporter
I have no idea what this thing is, The handle thing makes the front thing go down...Have no clue what it would be used for :?:

tool.jpg

tool2.jpg

Sometimes you people . . .!!!

It's another one of those damn things I've seen before, but can't pin down. I'm still racking my brain over that pot metal, hook looking deal on another thread. Some called it a piece of a buckle, but that is not what it is, in my opinion. Oh well.

When I look at this thing, I see someone sticking the end part-way into a tube, grasping the tube by depressing the lever, and then pulling the tube out of whatever it is in. To two depressions in the wood are keyed to crimps in the end of the tube.

It's obviously a tool designed to aid in a repetative task. It may take a month or two, but I'll get it. :lol:

Edited to add: Okay, now, the closer I look at that seat where the lever comes down into the end, I think it's a crimper of some sort. It slips inside a tube and crimps. Then you rotate it util your first crimp sits in one of those divits in the wood, and crimp again. Then repeat until you have three crimps, evenly spaced, in the end of a tube. What kind of tube and what it is for, I haven't figured out yet.

The fulcrum is made of brass.Is the top handle solid? I think it's for crimping something softer than tin. Mabe leather.

Tell us more about where/how you acquired it.

The fulcrum is made of brass.Is the top handle solid? I think it's for crimping something softer than tin. Mabe leather.

Tell us more about where/how you acquired it.

Ya the handle is solid some kind of metal, A Friend gave it to me-I think he bought it in an antique store he said the tag just had a ? on it and it was only a .25
I tried searching crimper all I can find is those dang round pie crimpers...

Back
Top Bottom