XP DEUS or Fisher F75 w/DTS

LIBear

Forum Supporter
Currently I have the CTX 3030 and am very happy with its performance. I also have a Fisher F75ltd2 with the DTS which I am also very happy with but I was thinking of trading in for a XP Deus. I do beach and park hunting and I'm more of a coin hunter then a relic. Should I go with the Deus or stay with the F75? I'm torn. Thanks for your help.HH

I also have the CTX and 3 months ago got the XP Deus. Am struggling with the Deus. Pin pointing is a bit tough. The tones are way different than the CTX. I like the 2 LB weight and the wireless. XP is a great machine but I guess like any machine change it takes time to get use to it. I also got the water kit. The ear buds are useless a cheep pair of head phones work well and if they take a dunk they are cheep to replace. The XP in water works very well, here a lot of bottle caps. And it is very easy to tell the bottle caps as they have an Iron grunt when pin pointing. I say get the XP, But I have never owned a Fisher.
Good luck with what ever machine you choose. There are a few other members that have the Deus. I am sure they will chime and try to help out. GL& HH

some people swear by the F75. I guess I'm not one of those people. I tried the F70 (which has the same circuitry, minus all the extra bells and whistles), and I didn't like it at all. I've had a deus since june, and I absolutely love it. I mostly relic hunt, but the deus is a coin magnet. people tend to over-complicate the deus, but it's actually very simple. you just need to have an understanding of each setting before you start changing stuff around. there is a guy from England named Gary that has some excellent youtube videos of the deus. also, before I bought the deus, I was leery of the rechargeable batteries. I'm glad I didn't let that alter my decision, because I love it now. the batteries on that thing last forever! if you have any specific questions, I might be able to answer them for you. good luck. I know both are good machines. I just didn't care for the Fisher. you might like it, though.

Since We're talking 3030

Don't want to steal this thread but what about the Etrac versus the Deus??

I've never used an etrac, so I cannot comment on it, but I can say once more that I love my deus.

Currently I have the CTX 3030 and am very happy with its performance. I also have a Fisher F75ltd2 with the DTS which I am also very happy with but I was thinking of trading in for a XP Deus. I do beach and park hunting and I'm more of a coin hunter then a relic. Should I go with the Deus or stay with the F75? I'm torn. Thanks for your help.HH

Where on the Island ya from bear ... happy to go out and swap machines for a bit so you can play with the deus if you like.

I also have the CTX and 3 months ago got the XP Deus. Am struggling with the Deus. Pin pointing is a bit tough. The tones are way different than the CTX. I like the 2 LB weight and the wireless. XP is a great machine but I guess like any machine change it takes time to get use to it. I also got the water kit. The ear buds are useless a cheep pair of head phones work well and if they take a dunk they are cheep to replace. The XP in water works very well, here a lot of bottle caps. And it is very easy to tell the bottle caps as they have an Iron grunt when pin pointing. I say get the XP, But I have never owned a Fisher.
Good luck with what ever machine you choose. There are a few other members that have the Deus. I am sure they will chime and try to help out. GL& HH

As for the pinpointing ... I have not used mine in a long time... once i acquire the target I just wiggle back until the tone disappears and its usually right in front of the coil.

A couple of things to point out. Xp deus currently smallest coil available is 9" coil. It does do well in iron for its size---actually IMO for a 9" the best available.

But remember with your F75 you have the small 5" coil for hunting.

What will Deus offer/do for you vs your F75.

Ergonomics are better especially with 9" coil---11" coil a bit nose heavy.
I might add a new update and a 7x9 " coil is on the horizon coming from XP.

Iron volume adjustment.
Choice of 4 freqs
Faster separation overall coil size for coil size.
Better on a beach environment.
Adjustable tones
Less weight

Both the Deus and F75 complement the CTX.

In milder ground the f75 is deep---although IMO it's not as hot on high conductors vs CTX

What does your F75 offer you vs Deus.
IMO the depth meter on the F75 is really the secret weapon
More available aftermarket coils.

The DST units are definitely more EMI friendly vs their predecessor(s).

All good units and I currently have 2 Deus, F75LTD2, Makro Racer, Explorer XS.

Have had and used Etrac/ CTX/White's V3i.

All good units.
For coinage my pick for the $$$$ would be Etrac
For coins and relics in heavier iron for the $$$$ would be Makro Racer.

If I had to just have one machine to metal detect my pick would be XP Deus---very good all arounder with unmatched weight and ergonomics.

Good luck with your decision.

Where on the Island ya from bear ... happy to go out and swap machines for a bit so you can play with the deus if you like.

I'm located in Nassau county Levittown. I would definitely like to meet up if we can. Maybe on a weekend somewhere in the middle.

I'm located in Nassau county Levittown. I would definitely like to meet up if we can. Maybe on a weekend somewhere in the middle.

sounds like a plan... I am free on Sunday after 4 or Friday the 16th other than that my weekends and weekdays for that part are pretty crazy ... I work too much :?: Let me know if that works for you I might also be around tomorrow but that depends on some door knocking plans I have out here if they fall through I will be available.

Darren

Back
Top Bottom