Makro Racer vs Fisher F75

corpsman

under the same conditions, with stock coils, how do the Makro Racer and the Fisher F75 compare as far as depth goes?

under the same conditions, with stock coils, how do the Makro Racer and the Fisher F75 compare as far as depth goes?

Well, the depth between a F75 unit without boost and stock coil is a mirror image depth wise to Racer with stock coils. With the small coils attached Racer is deeper.

Now with F75 with boost. F75 with boost and stock coil is deeper than Racer and stock coil. With small coils attached and F75 in boost---both Racer and F75 carbon copies in the depth dept.

Now Racer is more EMI friendly than either the F75 without boost or the non DST F75 with boost.

The F75 DST unit with boost is more EMI friendly than Racer.

Separation---Racer trumps all F75 series units coil for coil.
Racer also handles mineral better than F75s.

Racer also allows for fast toggle between 2 tone, 3 tone and all metal---F75s don't.

Racer slightly hotter on gold---14khz vs 13khz for the f75s.

There are some other differences like adjustable backlight.

All are very easy on batteries.

All good units. But in the worst of iron Racer kills it.

I don't know which is better, or deeper, but would probably go with the F75, if I was given a choice of the two. The Racer sounded like it was the best detector ever made, for a few months, half dozen threads singing praises, then it just fizzled. There was an issue with stock coil ears breaking, but the company stepped up, made it right, replaced the coils free of charge, a quick too. Seemed like good customer service, you think it was a Garrett machine. Don't think that was the reason, several other companies released new detectors with flaws. ATPRO leaked, camlocks didn't unlock, control box fell off. CTX3030 had/has cheap seals...

I was a little tempted by the Racer, but it got over hyped before it was in stock, kind of wanted to wait and see how it worked out for all those pre-order guys, some didn't hold on to them long enough to really learn them. Figure there wasn't much difference with most any other mid-range machine, except the price...

F75 ltd2

Without a doubt, 5 year warranty , US manufacturer . Also I want to add, I have never had a problem with any Fisher Machine owned CZ70Pro,F75 standard, F75se, F75se upgraded to DST, and CZ20 NO PROBLEMS, also you get the killer 5 & 11dd with the package, love both coils, Earl PS Phil will give you a sweet deal , happy hunting http://www.myersdepot.com/

thanks, guys! that is some really good info, and exactly what I was looking for.

I wouldnt touch either since you didnt like the f70. I personally prefer the racer over the f75 due to open audio or rolled tones as garrett calls it.

Depth is overrated.

yeah, I'm definitely not planning on getting the F75. I just wanted to see people's perception of how they compare.

Back
Top Bottom