What is your most favorite vehicle you've ever owned?

dont laugh

in my college days, i needed a cheap 4x4 beater, i found a purple 95 2 door 5 speed 4x4 geo tracker for $500. It stayed purple for about 2 weeks, after that i couldnt take the insults anymore and it became camo. It was awsome in the snow out ice fishing, and great in muddy pastures to, i drove it for 30,000 miles, then the transmission went out and i sold it for $650 lol

My first car , but then a lot of people have really good memories of their first car. Mine was a 1977 Datsun B210 and I wish I had it now. Not that comfortable but fun to drive , good on gas , and easy to work on though I rarely had to do anything to it. I drove it for around 3 years and went everywhere in it , even took it mud bogging and chasing deer through the woods :lol: I put that car through a lot , even had it airborne once with all four wheels off the ground , sending a shower of sparks out from under it when I landed on the road again. I beat it up really bad and it just took everything and kept on going. When it had a little over 200,000 miles on it I gave it to my brother in law and he drove it another couple years. It was a little , well built , ugly , can on wheels but of all the cars and trucks Ive had since then none of them were as carefree , dependable , tough , and fun as that little datsun.

My first car was my favorite. A 1970 Chevelle And I loved it. I was 15 when I bought it in the 80's.

This...1983 Toyota FJ40, I was an idiot for selling! :no::no::no:

Last edited:
80 trans am turbo gutless edition. Followed by a 69 chevelle malibu also a gutless wonder :lol:

I sure miss both of them :(

95 z28 teal with t tops.. lost my you know what in it lol no car felt as good to drive as that camaro...second favorite was my 92 mk2 jetta bigbumpers tornado red, a lot lf $$ in both

I must agree, rare model

This...1983 Toyota FJ40, I was an idiot for selling! :no::no::no:

Not my favorite, but the current one. The last one had 218,000 miles on it. I gave it to my neighbors son when he turned 16. He drove it back and forth to college for 2 more years before rust took it over completely. NH salt.

This one is 17 YO and has 152,000 miles. Not a speck of rust. Syncros are a bit worn from the previous owners wife. It has never been outside of Florida. Original paint is like new. Couple dings and interior carpeting is getting rough.
I keep it clean as I can.

Attachments

• truck 2.JPG
    truck 2.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 340
  • truck 1.JPG
    truck 1.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 355
Right now my 2006 Toyota Corolla LE with 29,000 original miles,but it's going up for sale so I can get my Toyota Tacoma,just not to much of a car guy.

First car that my wife and I had and really loved was a 66 Mustang convertible. Sure wish we still had that car now.

in my college days, i needed a cheap 4x4 beater, i found a purple 95 2 door 5 speed 4x4 geo tracker for $500. It stayed purple for about 2 weeks, after that i couldnt take the insults anymore and it became camo. It was awsome in the snow out ice fishing, and great in muddy pastures to, i drove it for 30,000 miles, then the transmission went out and i sold it for $650 lol

I loved my trackers! I had a '95 I bought new, drove it for close to 13 years, then bought an 03, drove that for 9 years! Go anywhere, cheap on gas, parts were reasonable (unlike the thing I drive now).
On a nice summer day there was nothing like it.... top down and just GO! :D

MY favorite will always be my first. An orange (hated the color, but oh well) 1973 AMC Jeep CJ5 with the 256 straight 6. It was solid steel, built to last and I could sit in the engine compartment to work on it if I needed. It was my only non-computerized vehicle , so it was the only one I could really work on. I sold it when I went to college because the gas bill of driving home every weeks was killing me.

It was bought by a city worker and when I got hired by the fire dept I would see it parked in the city worker lot when we went for fuel. Then the idiot took it hunting and fired a round into the engine. It was bought by my plumber (if I had known at the time I would have bought it back) but he did a complete rebuild and it looks great.

Sad that I'll never own it again, but it's still alive and loved.

1970 Mustang convert. Loved that car. Put the wood grain interior from a Grande in it, Put the hood and spoiler from a fastback on it with hoodscoop and pop up hood locks and rear spoiler and had it painted grabber blue. Installed a 351 Cleavland and a C6 transmission and had the original 8 track player that said Mustang across the front.

Then in 1982 a drunk driver made a smushtang out of it and t-boned the drivers door on Christmas Eve. V shaped my car. Only picture I have left is a picture of the damage with a Polaroid.

1968 Super Bee. 383 mag. If I only knew then what I know now. Second would be the 67 fast back mustang with 289 they just do not make them like that anymore.

Hard to pick a favorite. I had several that were fun, and I can narrow fun favorites down to three.
1) '70 Chevelle SS
2) '69 GTO
3) My first '69 Javlin

I'm a classic car fan and for many years I would buy and restore them. My favorite is the mustang. Two of my favorites was a 1964 1/2 red convertible 4 spd and a 1970 Mach I 3 spd manual.

64-bh1.jpg

64-newint7.jpg

70mach1.jpg

Some of my projects over the years.

my-cars-800.jpg

Back
Top Bottom