I Lost My Best Friend Last Night......

Patton

Forum Supporter
This friend stood by me thru a divorce, family deaths, and changes in my life I never dreamed would occur. She was a survivor herself, as she stopped breathing twice when she was just a pup and had to be brought back to life. Always glad to see me whenever I came home. She was unlike any dog I have ever seen. As I type this I realize I will no longer be able to have her resting in my lap when I am at the computer. Or nuzzle her tiny neck or play games that we both loved. No more ice cream treats at Sonic. No more sunsets to watch together. This 3 lb rocket was always up for a good time with her toys and to play at full speed.
But sadly, after 15 years her body began to show signs of her age. First, her hearing went. Next, her eyesight. Finallay, dementia set in. What a cruel disease. She would run into a wall or chair and not know how to turn around. Despite these afflictions, She still would want to be involved with everything that happpened at home. And I wish I had a dollar for every time a car would stop and people would look on in amazement at her tiny 3 lb body as we took a walk. Brandi was indeed one of a kind. For those of you who are pet lovers, I know you share the pain I feel right now. A big empty hole has engulfed the General. God bless you Brandi for all the good times you brought us. No more sitting on daddys lap as I answer e-mails or add my two cents to this forum. Go play with the other dogs, and be free of the pain you have long endured. We will be together again some day. Brandi 2/95 to 5/12.

Attachments

• 100_0371.jpg
    100_0371.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 598
  • 100_0373.jpg
    100_0373.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 477
Last edited:
sorry to hear about that Patton... I STILL have dreams about our family dog that had passed away over 10yrs ago now. In my dream, it does NOT feel like a dream... meaning that it doesn't even occur to me that he is gone. REALLY hard to explain that one. In either case, I feel for you sir.

sorry to hear about that Patton... I STILL have dreams about our family dog that had passed away over 10yrs ago now. In my dream, it does NOT feel like a dream... meaning that it doesn't even occur to me that he is gone. REALLY hard to explain that one. In either case, I feel for you sir.

Thank you my friend. I'm sure I will encounter that same thing with Brandi in the future. Still hurts even after 10 years I'm sure. Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately the pain never goes away, I struggle daily with the loss of our pets and most recent Sebastian. Very sorry for your loss.

http://www.petloss.com/

If you get a chance read "Bill at Rainbow Bridge" I believe the site above sent it to me for free, through their grief support team, it's an amazing story.

So Sorry For Your Loss

I'm truly sorry for your loss. I too have lost pets that were like close friends and family (dogs and a cat). It's never easy but time does heal the heart and she will always be in your heart. Right now I'm dreading the future loss of my little Elvis (Daschund/Chihuahua) who is 11 yrs old -- his days are numbered. I may only have him maybe for another 2 yrs or so. He's my little shadow. Recently a lady gave me one of her little female black and tan chihuahuas -- named Pepper who's 4 yrs old. Little did she know that this little girl is the spitting image of a little female I lost MANY years ago. It's as if my little Cleo has been reincarnated -- Pepper's manerisims (sp) are identical to Cleo. It's like having Cleo all over again. No she doesn't replace Cleo but it's nice to have a tiny little one again. She's such a sweety. Maybe you will find another little buddy to enjoy someday. Take care and God Bless.

Sorry to hear of your loss General.
The entities that are the most important in our lives are responsible the memories that we hold dearest. I feel lucky to have had my life enriched by so many.
R.I.P Brandi.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I love my 2 cats, one of which loves to curl up by my head at night & purrs which puts me to sleep.

You WILL meet up again I promise you that.

This is so sad :( I am soo sorry for your loss.. I know what your going through as I had 2 chow dogs ( sisters ) that are now gone and in a better place. Its hard when your so close to them and so use to them being with you everyday.

I wish the best for you. Shes in a better place now playing with all the other little doggies....

Patton,
So sorry brother to hear of your loss. KT has had several dogs in his life, and the loss of each special one is a difficult time for me. Our present mini-poodle, beau beau, is now 11 and we are beginning to see some of the effects of age in him, particularly the slow loss of visual accuity. But as you say, he is still engaged, amazingly active for his age, and full of his own peculiar idiocyncries....obsession with tennis ball, laying on my shoulder belly up for his daily rub, playing with me when I start to get out of bed in the morning, and love of riding in the car!

We all love em, and we all miss em when they are gone.

Peace to you, Patton.

You're in my thoughts bud. Remember this always:

Don’t think of her as gone away,
her journey’s just begun,
life holds so many facets
this earth is only one.

Just think of her as resting
from the sorrow and the tears
in a place of warmth and comfort,
where there are no days and years.

Think how Brandi must be wishing
that we could know today