Stupid owners of agressive dogs.

forfun

My dog is ALWAYS either on her leash or on the cable when outside. I guess that's too much trouble for some. I'm walking my dog down the street this morning and I see this other dog off leash standing near it's owner. That dog took one look at my dog, snarled and started to run at us. The owner grabbed the dog at the last moment. It fought her hard to break free and continue it's charge. I have no doubt that my dog and I would have been attacked. No other dog on my street behaves this way. The dog is unsocialized and untrained. The owner just lets it out, to run free and do it's business wherever it wants. If you are going to keep a aggressive dog, it better be restrained! I deliberately didn't mention the breed. It's the owners fault.

i agree with you about the owners. some people just don't deserve to own pets, regardless of what kind of pet it is.
i was at a public beach last summer, quite early in the morning before the swimmers/sunbathers arrived, and several people showed up with their dogs. although some of them were large breeds, none of them were aggressive towards me. one even kept bringing it's ball over to me to throw for it. :lol:
then a guy from natural resources showed up to do garbage duty and before chatting with me about whether or not i'm "finding any gold", he speaks with the dog owners and warned them all, it's leashes or fines!
i don't know if the owners thought i might have been with him, or N/R, but the dogs stayed leashed after he left and for as long as i was there. ;)
now as for the 8 (yes eight!) dogs my neighbor has, i won't even get started on that....... :mad::mad:

Eight dogs! Are they rescues or something like that? Keeping a dog healthy, fed, brushed, bathed and exercised is expensive and a bit of work. I couldn't afford so many dogs, (and I wouldn't want them either!) I'll bet you can't walk out of your house w/o a real ruckus! My neighbors on both sides each have two dogs. They are untrained and not friendly. Doesn't anybody teach their dogs obedience? They also are never walked and seem unattached to their owners. Why have a dog that isn't part of the family? All they do is yell at the dogs to SHUT UP or GET IN HERE! I give them credit that at least their dogs don't run loose.

My Lab has always been excessively friendly, aggressively so. He wants to make friends with everyone and everything. Doesn't even like to play aggressively with me, with my brother's pit bull, that's something else. Wouldn't let him out on his own, seldom let him off the leash, not into running much, and he gives a good chase. His weakness, he has to stop and check out where other dogs have peed...

My last dog, was 140 lbs Rottweiler mix, and suppose he could have been classified as aggressive/dangerous. I live in a small town, and after he was about 3 years old, he'd calmed down, listened well, didn't really need the leash to control him, and stopped. Walked him around town, twice a day, no leash, no problems. Did have a few complaints in the fall months, from the snowbirds, and had to carry a leash with me, occasionally use it, but the police never wrote me a ticket. Not a normal dog though.

Dogs are social animals, doesn't matter what breed you choose, they are part of your family, and need to be treat as such, need to be involved. The people who like dogs, just not inside their house, shouldn't have them. You can keep two or more outside, but you still need to be out there with them everyday. You don't just train them one time, and it's done for life, it never ends...

I can't stand irresponsible dog owners. Any irresponsible pet owners for that matter. It shows disrespect to your dog(s), your family and your community. My dogs are always leashed too. More for bird/squirrel/rabbit safety than people or other dogs. Sad thing is that it's not the dog, it's the owner.

Even one of the more stereotypical aggressive breeds can be perfect babies and loving slobber dogs if trained correctly. My friend has 3 of this breed and they are like big softies. Not like people who buy one, have no idea how to train that particular breed and get it because it's cool or their favorite rapper has them. so they put it on this huge hunk of chain when walking it (because it's cool and every dog should require a hunk of fat chain to walk) and think it's funny when the dog goes ape trying to get at you and your dog(s).

I agree with GrandRiverRat. Pepper spray can be a good deterrent for neutralizing that threat. Much better than being chomped on.

Hay man I here ya. I had this Pit bull next door assault me and my dogs Yorkies three times. the last time the pit stuck his fang through my arm on my property, while his tooth was under my fore arm tendon I had to grab his mussel and weed his tooth from under and out of the way. I told my wife to get my gun, and of course she didn't. So the dog and owner got away with assault. I promise you that will never happen again. I always carry.

One of my neighbors daughters has 2 dogs that are aggresive. When at her fathers she always lets them run free around the house and road. Those 2 dogs will run right up in front of my car and follow it down the road. Of course the daughter is never there to call them in.:mad: Not only that, but they also are aggressive if you walk by when they are running free. For that reason, whenever I walk by that house I carry a stick.

One of my other neighbors dogs barks everytime I go out to empty some trash. The wooden fence in between our properties is so weak that I worry one of these days the dog will find a way through into my back yard. The reason that dog is so aggressive whenever it hears some one walking by is because its owners were too lazy to ever take it on a walk or socialize it. It spends all day cooped up in a small area and in their garage.

I agree, some people just shouldnt own dogs, or pets for that matter because they are too lazy and careless to train the dog or even bond with it.

I had this Pit bull next door assault me and my dogs Yorkies three times. the last time the pit stuck his fang through my arm on my property,..............
Where was the owner???? Did you call Police and / or animal control? I would have been on the phone immediately. I thought about calling them this morning. In my state, the dog gets 2 chances (attacks), and then it gets put down. The owner doesn't care what happens. No reason to care about making him mad. I think I would call animal control as soon as I see it out and off leash. Maybe a few visits from authoritys and fines will convince him to keep the dog under control.

I got out the can of Police grade pepper spray and put it with the leash.
It's a 4 oz. can. Everybody lucked out this morning. She might not be able to prevent it again.

I live just outside of town with three beagles. All three have a Tri-Tronics Shock Collar on at all times when outside. They like to follow there nose like most sent hounds. They will run you over for a BegginStrip and love ya to pieces.

I told the wife any pet species of animal we own ever shows aggression towards us or anybody else It will take a walk with me and only I will return. I will not tolerate an aggressive animal. My old neighbor knows all to well what happens to aggressive animals that come onto my prop. That one ended up with his animal in a box, police report, and a vet bill he had to pay

The wooden fence in between our properties is so weak that I worry one of these days the dog will find a way through into my back yard.
Maybe a fence of yours right against his will keep you and your family from getting bit. Just a thought.

I agree, some people just shouldnt own dogs, or pets for that matter because they are too lazy and careless to train the dog or even bond with it.
Well trained dogs are much happier, and so is everybody that they come in contact with. My dog is in her second level of obedience classes. My wife says that our dog would do anything to be with me.

Eight dogs! Are they rescues or something like that? Keeping a dog healthy, fed, brushed, bathed and exercised is expensive and a bit of work. I couldn't afford so many dogs, (and I wouldn't want them either!) I'll bet you can't walk out of your house w/o a real ruckus! My neighbors on both sides each have two dogs. They are untrained and not friendly. Doesn't anybody teach their dogs obedience? They also are never walked and seem unattached to their owners. Why have a dog that isn't part of the family? All they do is yell at the dogs to SHUT UP or GET IN HERE! I give them credit that at least their dogs don't run loose.

nope, not rescues. they're cocker spaniels and she had been breeding them for a little while. of course since they're "so cute", she'd keep a couple from each litter. :roll: and you're right, when one barks, eight are barking. :mad:
i've never seen any of them on a leash and they do let them run around, but her son is always the one looking after them. i have had them run up to me on occasion (on my property) and i just let him holler at them to come back home. if they ever decide that they're going to make any attempt to do more than just bark at me, then immediate action (or re-action) will be taken, lol.

We had a strange/mean guy renting the house next to us with,you guessed it a pit bull.I had to spray water on it once to hopefully make it stop barking,didnt work. I called humane society several times,they did nothing. Thank God the owner/dog are gone.Pit bulls kill people here once in awhile. Seems like alot of bad owners love these dogs. I wouldnt hesitate to defend myself against an attack from these dogs and Id try to kill it.:mad:

Certain breeds have been ruined by people. They are all decedents from wolves. The bad traits come out when people bring them out. Some dogs are bred to be guard dogs. Some to fight. Some to kill. Sometimes they are bred for appearance, while temperament is ignored.
Almost always, a dog who is not permitted to be a Alpha in the home, will be a excellent member of the family. Our dog is not permitted to exit a door ahead of people. She walks beside me when outdoors. Never in front, pulling me down the street. I can walk her past a pile of dog treats. If I say "leave it", she doesn't touch them. (Because I said so.) I am the Alpha, and she is subordinate. She is well treated, well fed, warm and dry, and loved by the whole family, and everyone she meets. If the dog is the Alpha, it will do as it pleases, barking, growling, attacking other dogs or people in it's turf. These are the dangerous ones, pretty much regardless of breed. The Humane Society shelters are full of extremely aggressive dogs. I guess the people who buy a dog bred to fight, can't handle the dog themselves. They are never trained or shown their place. Then the neighbors have to put up with bad dogs with bad behaviors. All because of bad owners.

I HATE Pit Bulls

It would do no good to ban any particualr breed here in America...They would just start breeding something else to be mean....I have never met a puppy who was naturally mean...They must be taught this...If you love your pet, and treat it like a son, duaghter, sister, brother, then that dog will be your friend for life...I have a 13 year old shi-tzu/Lhasa mix that LOVES people, but barks at other dogs 3 times her size...This is because she has never had the chance to be around other dogs except at the vet or when she gets clipped, and that is not long enough to learn that big dogs can hurt her....She is a spoiled rotten little brat, but we love her just the same...Don't know what I would do without her welcoming barks, snuggles, and kisses...

HH,

Gun

All the time when I'm walking my dog in parks, or trails ppl don't have there dogs on leashes as pa law states they must. I almost always carry my .40 cal on me. Awhile Ago an aggresive Rottweiler came out me my dog and gf. Luckily it backed off once I stood my ground and yelled at it. I had my hand on my hip and wouldn't hesitate to put any aggresive dogs Down. It sucks but ppl should obey the law.

Im not going to start ragging on so called "aggressive" breeds or breed choices. Personally I'll never own a breed other than a close working hunting dog.

I've never encountered one that has had a bad disposition (I'm sure there are quite a few out there). They were bred to work with man and be loyal to man.

Actually, I'll never buy another breed besides WPG (wirehaired pointing griffon..or korthal's griffon). They are fuzzy haired muppet hippies with beards who love everyone and are machines in the woods. i've encountered quite a few of them and they are all just like my two.

Back
Top Bottom