• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Freaking Sons of ******* Thieving ***********

springcypress

So I go out to my truck a couple of minutes ago and my toolbox has been jimmied open. Freaking Asshats stole my detector. Brazen little ******nozzels... I got home at 5:10 and walked back out at 6:15 to go detect.

Third freaking time in the last 14 months we've been robbed. House got broken into last January, they stole everything with an electrical plug. My truck got broken into last August (nothing taken as there was nothing in it) and now this.

This neighborhood just freaking sucks. My wife and I were out walking the baby a couple of weeks ago and were attacked by a Pitbull that was off it's leash. I'm an animal lover and it absolutely killed me to do it, but I beat the ever living bejesus out of that pit trying to keep it away from my family.

We had planned on moving in 4 years... as of today that schedule got moved up. I'd also planned on waiting a little while before getting a 2nd detector. I guess that got moved up too.

I hate thieves. I sort of have some begrudeing respect for those that plan out their robberies, but just random smash and grabs... worthless.

Welcome to the club. I just had my my only metal detector (Ace 150), a broken cell phone, some cd's and other small stuff stolen out of my truck. Right outside of my house. In my driveway. And I thought I moved into a quiet peaceful place. Heck most of my neighbors are the nicest senior citizens. Crime can happen everywhere and at anytime. It's a shame people have to steal instead of work for their own items.

No doubt. Crooks are low life scum. Hopefully you have the serial number and they are dumb enough to try pawning it. Sorry for your misfortune.

It will get worse. The demographics within America is drastically changing. Get an alarm system for the house($1 a day is well worth it) and don't trust valuables left in vehicles. An ounce of precaution....martin

sorry ta hear about your detector, theives SUCK. a couple years ago i had a 40 hp motor stolen off the back of my boat, they cut the steering cable and harness. i was very lucky and found it a month later at my local marine shop for sale, the guy that did it even had the nads ta steal 2 motors from the marina where he sold my motor, thankfully he was busted a few months later.

That's three stolen detectors since Fridaythat I know of now. Rediculous if you ask me. Keep an eye out on craigslist and other classifieds. Hopefully you get it back.

We had my daughters car broke into crooks were caught and I ask for 5min along with the 3 worthless pieces of garbage Cops said that was a no no :lol:

Sorry to hear about the area you live and what your going through. I would move as quick as possible. We have never been robbed, but we have guns and dogs. If someone were to break in, it won't be pretty. Good luck my friend, and keep your family safe....Curt:grin:

Stolen MD

I was in three pawn shops today looking for MDs, I will hit a few shops less than 50 miles from the OK border of I35 tomorrow! At least post some info so people can keep their eyes open for it!!! I am 60 miles from OK., I know thats a ways from OKC. but I had to come from here to OKC. once to get my stolen Van back, and get this I had to pay towing and storage to get back my own stolen Van...Good Luck and happy Hunting (for your MD) :biker::digginahole::biker:

Thieves are scum of the earth people work hard to have a nice treat and it just gets taken away what a shame sorry man!

dang, man, that's awful. most the folks around here know i have as many guns as i do ways into the house, and don't mess around. it's the morons ya don't know ya have to worry about.

nothing lower than a thief. nothing.

Sorry to hear that, but that's the reason I have American Pit Bull Terriers..They not only protect my family, but protect my home too..
Nobody even thinks of breaking in my house...My vehicles, well they better be fast runners :)

I hope you and your family are okay..Please don't blame the dog...Blame the irresponsible owner and the fricken scumbag thieves...Seems it is only getting worse nowadays :(

More about stolen MD

Check the state laws in OK., in some states if the seller shows proper ID at the Pawn shop, and the pawn shop buys it, They now own it!!! Even if you or the Police find it at a pawn shop, the police can take it only as evidence in court, After the trial the Pawn shop gets it back not you!!! You can only get court ordered restitution from the Convicted thief!!! You could be out a MD even if it is found??? Different States have different laws!....Good Luck :biker::digginahole::biker:

Sounds like the police need to send a message. If it were me, I would get out of that neighborhood, you can't control everything around you. It's only a matter of time before something really bad happens.

Pit bulls are not dogs. Anyone who owns one is doing something wrong and they know it. They are killers. Don't hesitate to kill a pit bull if attacked because they are fully capable of killing you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pit bulls are not dogs. Anyone who owns one is doing something wrong and they know it. They are killers. Don't hesitate to kill a pit bull if attacked because they are fully capable of killing you.

Pit bull OWNERS of vicious dogs are the problem. A properly trained dog is different than a ghetto pit that is chained to a pipe in the backyard. Any mistreated dog can be trained to attack if you provoke it.

Here's a good story we recently did on Pits and the stigma attached to them.
http://mystateline.com/fulltext-news?nxd_id=322672

We have never been robbed, but we have guns and dogs.

Wanna bet on that one? Ever see the show "To Catch A Thief" on the Discovery Channel? In short, two ex-con thieves get permission of a homeowner to burglarize their house sometime within the next week. Cameras are installed all over the house. The thief waits for the opportune moment and strikes. He usually wrecks the place just like a real burglar. After everything is returned the homeowners are given a security makeover, the thief will try to break in again in the future.

I loved that show. It proved just how secure a person thought they were, but stupid little mistakes leave the door (or window) wide open to a thief. In one particular episode, the thief broke into an unlocked second story window of the house when the owners were downstairs entertaining. He stole a few pistols, laptops, cash, jewelry, a fire safe that had passports and other documents in it and also made away with the family dog. The getaway vehicle? The family's RV. He made off with around $300,000 in stuff within ten minutes inside the house.

The best weapon against the scum of the earth is your brain.

Sadly, the show isn't on anymore. It's weird I can't find full episodes anywhere online.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom