A dream come true........ G.W.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm not sure on the amount of these produced? where did you get the 76 from?

it from this EBAY add,,,,it says only 76 know to EXIST,,,,not produced,,,, still a GREAT find dude !!!!!!!

"This authentic 1789 'GW in Oval' "Long Live The President" brass button measures about 1 5/16" in diameter and was found April 2008 in Vermont. There is a great website for these buttons (just google George Washington Inaugural Button); Albert has this one listed as #WI-11B, Dewitt lists it as 1789-7, and Cobb has it listed as #5A (GW in Oval with medium spacing--as of 2005 there was only 76 of these buttons known to exist (in all 3 spacing styles) and the medium spacing style is listed as 'scarce') and this one is listed at a value of $3000 (in extra fine condition). The button is in very nice condition for being in the ground for over 200 years; it has some bending, and the lettering is well defined-- it could clean up much better; the original shank on the reverse side is missing. Low starting price with no reserve!! " :good:

good info here: http://mosc95.pld.com/kirk/CobbGW/index.html

Gees I always late to the party...
Congrats Dave, you relly deserve it buddy!
With your hard work I hope you fine a few more!!!

Looks like the one on ebay ended at $911 and yours is much nicer, probably worth at least twice that...Good work man!

I am Canadian so i will never find anything that old but if I found something that valuable, I would have trouble not selling it!:D

Congrats! That has to be the coolest find I have seen on this forum.

Wow!

Uh, that's a "Go West", fer sure. Not worth much at all. And, seeing as how I am already "West", be nice if you sent to me. Address forthcoming.
:lol::lol::lol:

Wow! Yup - says it all, Wow!!!

Used to live up in NH... man, wish I had been into MD'ing then, what I must be missing. Not saying I'd find something like THAT though. That just ROCKS!!! WTG!!!!

Back
Top Bottom