Not the kind of gold I wanted to find

Nice find, someone on the aussie forum I'm mainly in just found a whole plate with 2 teeth still attached and 1 or 2 missing, it looked old from the 40's or so, apparently the ones from back then were 17k gold on avg.

This reminds me of that Three Stooges episode where they stake a claim on land where they claim to have "struck gold." However, the "gold nugget" they'd found was actually a gold tooth. I think the episode is called "Yes We Have No Bonanza." It's hilarious. :laughing:

Nice find, someone on the aussie forum I'm mainly in just found a whole plate with 2 teeth still attached and 1 or 2 missing, it looked old from the 40's or so, apparently the ones from back then were 17k gold on avg.

Yeah, I think the older stuff was typically higher gold content than more modern crowns. Probably was a lot easier to work with without the aid of air powered tools like they have today.

I have about a dozen crowns and teeth with gold fillings I will send it one day. Never found one in the water, but I used to buy vintage dental equipment and often times the old Columbia models would have gold fillings! :D

Not to argue but dental gold is more alloy. The higher gold content, the softer it gets. So, dental gold has to be a bit harder.

Straight from the dentist!
So, why do you guys promote it so much and charge an arm and a tooth for it? :laughing:

I have to have a crown replaced next week. $175 for base metal. Way in the back, I don't care. That is what is there now, been there 35+ years. Somewhere around $1500 for gold. I asked the DR if i could supply my own gold and he had never heard of that before.

Last year I bought 300 pounds of junk jewelry. I went through every single piece (except there are still 3 very big balls of knotted up gold colored chains. at least 20-30 lbs) Here is just some of the interesting things I found. first photo is 300lbs of treasure hunting fun.

Attachments

• AU-1.jpg
    AU-1.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 185
  • AU-2.jpg
    AU-2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 169
  • AU-3.jpg
    AU-3.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 175
Back
Top Bottom