Thoughts on the Teknetics G2

So it has trouble telling pulltabs, foil and bottle caps from good targets? Isnt that every detector on the market though.

Of all my detectors, the Gold Bug Pro with its 5 inch DD coil does the best job picking the good stuff from the pull tabs, screw caps, pry caps and other trash.

beephead

I am pretty convinced i am gonna buy the G2. My biggest concern was how well it performs as an all purpose detector compared to the T2 and F75. I now believe that it will hold its own quite well based off other user/owners remarks. I was worried it would pass over coins more times than not. But that doesnt sound to be true at all either.

You guys have me looking at them now , though if I get one I think I might save a little money and buy a goldbug and have the exact same detector. My biggest concern though is that some of what Ive read on them so far seems to say that they are really noisy in trashy areas because they are hot on all the little bits of foil and stuff. One of the primary reasons for me upgrading is for better seperation and identification in highly trashed areas , to be able to filter a lot of it out , and occasionally to use it for prospecting maybe , but if I am forced to listen to it bang out every little bit of whatnot thats gonna drive me nuts.

They are now in the lineup along with the garrett AT's and whites MXT , and I like that they can be had a little cheaper , but its a shame I have no local dealer where I could try them out first.

I can tell you that i owned the At Pro and found it to be very uncomfortable. Needless to say i sold it and now looking at replacing it with the G2.

I can tell you that i owned the At Pro and found it to be very uncomfortable. Needless to say i sold it and now looking at replacing it with the G2.

What was it that made the AT pro uncomfortable ?

I dont have any experience with them , just research that Ive done so Im just wondering.

So as i stated before i am almost certain i am getting the G2. But I still have a small problem with not getting the T2 SE or F75 SE. For one I dont know if i will ever do any prospecting and another is the soil and geographics I will most likely be hunting. My area is very rocky, hilly and overgrown. Boost process would come in handy in such places. I am at a slight concern for trying to use the G2 in such areas.
Also, I want to make sure I get an ALL Purpose detector. One that can be used anywhere. Concerned the G2 may not be all purpose.

New G2

I'm happy to read all the positive comments. I just ordered a used Teknetics G2 and can't wait to test it in a ghost town.

Back
Top Bottom