Best one I ever saw

Wow!!!!!! That's one heck of a great ID!:shock: Great job.

Awesome= great ID!!!!!

Wow 401k!

How did you possibly find that? Kudos to you

That's crazy! How in the world did you figure that out?

Cliff

wow..my hat is off to you...so that thing is called a "bill hook"..(I just read about it's function )
Thanks Everyone! joe dert got it, it's a bill hook in a knotter on a hay baler. Looks to be New Holland HH 401K

But how did you figure it out?

Cliff
Trying to get the darn thing to tie knots without cutting them or just make a knot. been there. actually it took days and weeks of grueling searching,hour after hour only to find out its a knotter part. LoL HH

I grew up on a farm and my family had a lot of older equipment that we sent a lot of time working on or with to make it work properly.

What you have here is a piece from a hay bailer. It is the part that tied the knots in the twine.

Here is a link showing one in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DR0xdihCb0

Jeff

When they quit working correctly, it was really bad news while trying to get the hay up. Remember spending hrs with one of the implement dealer's men trying to get them to work correctly when you had to put new ones on. Tweaking, adjusting, bending, sanding, ect......:(

Can see why someone would want to throw one as far as they could in frustration when they did not work or the bad one was replaced:mad:.

Jeff

When they quit working correctly, it was really bad news while trying to get the hay up. Remember spending hrs with one of the implement dealer's men trying to get them to work correctly when you had to put new ones on. Tweaking, adjusting, bending, sanding, ect......:(

Can see why someone would want to throw one as far as they could in frustration when they did not work or the bad one was replaced:mad:.

Jeff

Great ID Jeff!
That's why I really enjoy hunting with you since you are almost always able to identify anything we find.

Trying to get the darn thing to tie knots without cutting them or just make a knot. been there. actually it took days and weeks of grueling searching,hour after hour only to find out its a knotter part. LoL HH

401K hit it on the head. I worked In a Industrial laundry as a maintenance mechanic. Where they used a bailing machine to tie bundles of wipe rages. And he is right about making that claw tie the string with out breaking

you have a tooth ripper, an old civil war era dental tool for tooth extraction
it was quite painful to use since most patients fought like the dickens.. :wow:

Back
Top Bottom