Someone Stole My Vehicle!!! PICS ADDED!

I have been kinda following this thread but I must have missed something.
I thought your homeowners policy covered your detector.
Sometimes they do that even if it is in your car at the time.
I`m sorry to hear about your loss.....I know how you feel because it happened to me once.
I was away for only a half hour in my home, But it was a Toyota with the bad locks that a shaved key works on.
I didnt know about those locks at the time. ....I went out and was shocked.....Looked on the streets to see if I parked somewhere else..look`d again......Totally dumbfounded.
Police report and 2 days later they picked it up parked 15 miles away.
Most everything loose removed but they wouldnt bother with my stock AM/FM radio.
Thanks for reminding us we should all be more carefull.
Good luck.

Man that is terrible to hear, I lock my truck anytime I am out of it...PERIOD.

Do you think the theft was aggravated just because of the E Trac?
I posted possibly here or at another forum the perils currently of desperate people and how they view certain high dollar items, especially when they are brainwashed by certain TV shows that leads them to believe riches lie anywhere under ground and all they need is a MD.

I keep my MD in my Silverado in its bag but its also completely covered by a large towel.

No, I don't think they even knew it was in there... you can see the lower carbon fiber shaft in the pictures of the back end...

Guess... What!!!.... The phone was not in the vehicle during the fire!... I checked the usage and it was used 3 times after the theft... two during the joy ride and insuing fire... and one the next morning. They used a bunch of data 53 megs on one during the fire time... I'm guessing these people posted a video of the events... Can't wait till they get busted!!! Still searching the net for any vids. Not having much luck with the police pinging the phone either... they tend to only want to do it when there is a life threatened. Oh, no phone calls or texts...just a bunch of data usage.

Really sorry to hear about this and I hope your insurance comes through with no problems on both the car and detector. I also hope they find the person/persons responsible for this before they do the same to someone else, or God forbid worse.

Beefcake,
I sent you some photos on Sat. @ 3:14 PM my phone tells me you got them..? Before I found out about your Car.

Sorry to hear about your strife....My car was stolen in the uk, police found it the next day burnt out on the cornish cliffs, with the insurance money i bought a pc, started chatting online to my now wife of 8 years and have three sons. my wife lived in NJ and so now do I, so out of my troubles good things came about. I hope something of sorts happens like that for you... at least I hope the Thief gets some jailtime...

Got a wife, got two kids... 13 years of marriage with a laptop... I'll settle for a replacement E-trac..lol Don't know if I want to go back to changing diapers...lol Thanks for the chuckle..I needed it!

Man what a nightmare, I hope everything works out for you in the end Brian.

What cell phone company do you use? I know with some of them you can add a service that allows you to track the phones location. I would skip the police (in regards to pinging your phone as they probably won't do it) and ask your wireless company what options may be available to you.

Man I'm so sorry to hear about this. Hopefully they can catch the fools so you can beat them with the lower rod! :mad:

Best of luck my friend,
Roger

I got a call from the police about an hour ago... They think they might have them. They were supposed to go and arrest them. They said they are 90% sure it is them. The people that did it befriended some other kid in town. The kid in town I guess is a fairly good kid and is willing to talk I guess... Good news!!! The insurance evaluator gave me a value for the vehicle above what I owed. The main adjustor is still doing the investigation and she said it would be a couple of days till everything is done. I filed the homeowner's claim for the contents. The auto insurance is giving $200 for the clothing inside. They are covering the tow from the site to the impound lot. I still have to claim the $250 charge for the extracation from the woods though. So, it looks really good so far and hopefully I'll be back in the game soon. Thank you all for the kind words... It is folks like you that get us through the tough times and I really appreciate you all!!! Thank you!!

AWESOME NEWS! I'm really glad the police got a good lead. I bet the punks have got a long list of petty crimes.

Awesome news! Hope they get them kids! Karma is a %&#@!... Hope it all goes well Brian! You are a good guy and do good things for the kids! You dont deserve what has happened to you!

ugh, that sucks. hopefully the cops get those guys asap and your insurance doesn't raise!

I would think somebody will find a way to attach a GPS locator on a MD, or rather have it as part of the internal hardware, so in the event of it being stolen you have a fair chance of finding it, unless the thief knows how to disable it.

Makes me even wonder if you could just get one of those newer smaller smartphones and just place it inside the box and use an app like for finding your kids cell phones with it.

if I were to someday buy a GPX 5000 I would most certainly install a "Lojack" in it, something that you just cannot get easy access to.

Back
Top Bottom