Minnesota ghost towns

andrgo

Hello all,

I was wondering if any of you might happen to know of some ghost towns in Minnesota that you've heard of or been to? I've already checked out all of the ghost town sites (like GhostTowns.com) looking for information on Minnesota ghost towns.

I'm just curious if anyone here personally has heard of/been to any Minnesota ghost towns?

Thank you,
Andrew

Hey Andrew! There are several ghost towns or extinct crossroad communities in the county I live in. I found out about them by going to the local historical society and they had a book about all the little towns that used to exist. Many of the areas that had little communities still have something there to let you know there was a town there at one time (old church, foundations, etc.)

Finally someone from minnesota if you have any news please post agin i really need a place to hunt

(after i get the detector and practice)(I am a noob)

Hi Steve,
Where in MN do you live? I live in Elysian which is between Mankato and Faribault on hwy 60.
Thanks,
Dave :viking:

You should let us know what county you are in and I bet you would get some help. I lived in Sibley county all my life and i am still finding things i never knew about since i started my research. I think there are like 5 or so ghost towns in sibley county one only a few miles from me i cannot wait to search into more this summer.

hey fellow Minnesotans I live between austin and owatonna in blooming prairie.
there are a few old ghost town in the area i'll have to find my books and post them later.I have a couple books on minnesota history.with old maps ;)

here a list of ghost towns or ruins in Minnesota
fort ridgley south of fairfax renville co.
old mendota hubbard
buchanan south of two rivers lake co
concord 3 miles east of west concord dodge co
forestville filmore co
frontenac carlton co
high forest olmsted co
itasca freeborn co
la prairie itasca co
london cook co
lothorp ottertail co
mantorville dodge co
metropolisville rice co