Finally, first gold (and silver)

Call Me V

After several "false starts" with rings that turned out to be costume jewelry, I finally found one that is stamped for gold, and silver.

We have today off from school for end of quarter, so we went out today to an old park we haven't hunted before. We started around the baseball backstop. Oh my gosh, you couldn't move your coil a foot without getting some signal. It was driving me crazy, and I couldn't stand it any longer. So after about 30 minutes of that I headed out into the outfield and towards the playground area.

Halfway there I got into a junky area with signals reading from 40-75. But on the edge of that was a hard 84-85. So that's the one I went for first. And two inches down I found this ring.

Inside it's stamped "Sterling" and "10k Gold Top." It's well worn, but has some good weight to it. After about three hours of swinging we called it a morning. My wrist was hurting and Mark had chores to do. But we called it a good day. Mark, btw, found a silver Rosie, so he didn't leave only clad and trash laden.

Attachments

• IMG_1201.jpg
    IMG_1201.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1202.jpg
    IMG_1202.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_1203.jpg
    IMG_1203.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 150
Congrats on finding your first gold ring. :hi5:

I've been MDing for 2 years now, and have no silver, no gold, and my only old coin is a 1945 Wheatie. :D So you're doing very well. :yes:

Sweet find, I'm sure theres more where that came from, keep it up. Happy to see young people getting involved in the hobby. HH Mark

Back
Top Bottom