OMG...What did I just dig up...

pacer

Went back for the 3rd time this week to the same little park just down the street from my house. Searched behind a temporary bleacher. See picture with circle behind the bleacher. You can see the white handle of my probe in the circle. This is where I had a strong 20-21 TID on my Nox and was pretty sure it was a penny. So, I dug my plug and popped it open and realized it was not a penny. I thought to myself, this might be worth documenting, so out came my phone/camera. Rubbing my finger over my find, my find began to reveal itself. I pulled my target away from the plug. It was then it sunk in what I had found...a ring... Woo Hoo!!! I could hardly contain myself, what have I found? I called it a day and hurried on home to clean my find. In addition, I found 24 more coins. After close examination, my enthusiasm was crushed. The ring turned out to be nothing more than bling. But nonetheless, it was a great day.

Attachments

• location ring found.jpg
    location ring found.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 718
  • 1st sight of ring.jpg
    1st sight of ring.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 733
  • 2nd sight of ring.jpg
    2nd sight of ring.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 717
  • ring out of clump.jpg
    ring out of clump.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 723
  • 1st rubbing of ring.jpg
    1st rubbing of ring.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 715
  • 2nd rubbing of ring.jpg
    2nd rubbing of ring.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 698
  • clean ring #1.jpg
    clean ring #1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 703
  • clean ring #2.jpg
    clean ring #2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 669
  • clean ring #3.jpg
    clean ring #3.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 702
  • total coins 24.jpg
    total coins 24.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 702
Last edited:
Tried to expand and look, but no way for me to tell, now I got to know! HAHA
Now I can see the pics, that is sweet! Man thats a nice ring, awsome find. Yep, I'm going out tomorrow, wasn't going to, but now ya got me excited about it, haha. If it aint raining, I'm gone fishin(dirt) instead of just a wishin! :laughing:

Last edited:
Just bling?! Oh man, that will get the heart beating fast for a minute or two. Still fun to find.

Still a pretty ring, even if it's just bling. If it looks as good in hand as it does in the pics, I bet you could get 20 bucks for it easy. I'm amazed at how much some bling rings sell for.

Every ring we find is something that someone, somewhere, at some time looked at and said "I think that I'll spend my hard earned money on that", so it's still a win.

congrats

I love the posts where the "in-situ" reveals are shown. Takes the viewer to ground zero :cool:

Many jewelers will look at it for free. Unless it has RUST anywhere on it or it says Avon or China...make double sure it’s not just bling,even if it’s not marked. My wife’s ring looks very similar and I can assure you that it is NOT “just bling”.

This is one of the many reasons I dig penny signals!

Congrats on the awesome find!!!

Back
Top Bottom