First car is show under our belts.

trailtwister

The top 25 got a plaque just like ours. As you can see from the plaque it was called a classic car show. yes there are now solid definitionof classic but most people agree 25 to 30 years old at least.
A 2018 Chevy Corvette with dealer plates is in no way shape of form a Classic way most of us see it. Yet one got a top 25 plaque, made many mad who said they would not return to the show again.

t4Gih9E.jpg

Our Buick looks so much better this year than last year. Lots of people stopped and said how nice it looked. OK I admit I really cleaned the windows good Friday, blacked the tires and scrubbed it in. Scrubbed under the hood real well but still have a bit to do. The easil story board left side has top car make model and year, where we live mail address. Bottom is a scan of the orginal window sticker. Right side is the Option 1, order sheet Inlaws both worked for AC spark plug, order form has all the options on the car cost, cost per and total cost of the car out the door price.

uVXsIXy.jpg
xVHT4Ad.jpg

This 1966 Ford Mustang convertable was best in show. The engine compartment shined as good as the car did.

hfglrYQ.jpg

:D Al

1962 Studabaker Champ 1/2 ton pick up, Owner told me that Dodge supplied the boxes for the truck and stuck out past the bodies. I researched it and he wasn't pulling my leg. Any way he narrowed the box so it was flush with the body.
It was also a top 25 plaque winter.

R4GZxu7.jpg

1957 Studabaker GT, Elder lady owned it and had GTO as the model.

HXi3LvX.jpg

1937(?) Pontiac on a Chevy S10 running gear Chevy V8 engine and the plain to see gull wind doors. A top 25 plaque car.

tU1U2SN.jpg

1950 Studabaker Commander. I learned to drive my mom's 1950 Studbaker Champion.

1S1Jhen.jpg

1953 Studabaker Avanti, Orginal paint one owner car.

EuSo0ag.jpg

Pontiac Firebird Kiss car, the owner wore a Kiss mask most of the show. top 25 plaque winner.

jsL42wf.jpg

1963 1/2 Ford 390 cid engine. Top 25 plaque winner.

wr8qaIU.jpg

Chevy Malibu, or is it a chevell? Note the front licence plate.

TA5cNpD.jpg

Chevy Nova SS.

izZ4zsb.jpg

Chevy Chevell SS top 25 Plaque.

m3FNJit.jpg

Chevy El Camino Top 25 plaque winner.

ZkoaYJW.jpg

Chevy Impala SS. top 25 plaque winner.

w0HWPLy.jpg

We run the Dodge City Classics car club and if our shows were limited to just 25-30 year old cars we wouldn't have much of a show. We also have a "Future Classics" "modern muscle" "Motor Cycle" class.

I got burned out on the typical "classic cars". Every show I went to had the same old same old. Currently I show my 2012 Mustang Shelby GT500 Sleeper Snake. Not only great at the show but does quite well at the track. By the VIN# I have 1 of 63 with the same options. It will be a future collector.

IMG_3724.jpg

IMG_3726.jpg

IMG_3696.jpg

IMG_3704.jpg

IMG_3710.jpg

My old classic a 1964/ 12 convertible. Problem was there was one at every show.

3-11-2017-2.jpg

1951(?) Chevy drag car. Note the raditor over flow catcher, don't drink that bud. top 25 Plaque winner.

YW7CZfq.jpg
YYOC0vX.jpg

Chevy Chevell SS.

PwGgLqN.jpg

Pontiac Firebird rag top. Owner told me he worked on it 8 years to get it where it is.

L6lXGsk.jpg

1928 Ford Sedan. I liked the door handles on it.

sHXE9ri.jpg
IBetG5Z.jpg
hHpVQUn.jpg
ABFR4lK.jpg

1974 Ford Bronco. My brother had a full body 1972. top 25

p639ry6.jpg

alQIiuc.jpg

197? Ford Maverick, I asked where he found it? he replied in Grampas Garage. Top 25.

j7pUZjz.jpg

1937 Ford dump truck with tools and story board. top 25.

Bzher8K.jpg
eJRKHgc.jpg

Chevy Chevell or is a Malibu? top 25

MwK9lPH.jpg

1968 VW camper bus with camping display. He said the family use it to go camping too.

MXnEKQB.jpg

1966 VW Bettle.

HvSIbAM.jpg

Chevy Chevell, Driver was telling the leader of the kids putting the show OFF over the NEW CORVETTE getting a top 25 palque also a 2002 Mustang driven by a batty eyed blond.
Left in disgust and words people would quit comming if new cars got a plaque.

w231BbC.jpg

More a bit later.

:D. Al

Back
Top Bottom