Just One of Those Days

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Well today was a nice day and got out to one of our permissions. I get to Kevin's house and pick him up. First stop a farm we have permission to hit where I found the Bank of Montreal 1850 penny token.

Swinging away I am not getting anything. Kevin hits the first coin. Not only silver but a dozy. 1853 seated dime. After about an hour and a half I get my coil over a coin. A house 2 inches deep. I play and I can't see the penny if my coil is 4" away from it.

THEN it dawns on me. I was playing with my new Nox and my gold in my house and had to turn the sensitivity down to 10. GRRRRRR, It was at 10 still.

Boy was I frustrated!! Got tired of that place and hit another permission we have. I found a chimney in the woods there. I am finding thick copper sheeting pieces like crazy and was getting sick of them. Kevin saves copper scrap so I call him over to let him find the stuff.

His first signal is a nickel. Gets it, then gets a wheat cent out of the same hole, then another nickel. OF course he has to end the spill with a 1940 merc.

My take for the whole day is a slimy 1977 house penny. a shot gun head stamp. two heavy grommets and a pull tab.

LOL not my day at all. The silver fell to the E-Trac.

A bad day detecting is still better than hanging around the house! It happens to all of us buddy!

Been there... done that... well not so much lately but i have had days like the one you just had. when I think upon it way to often. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom