How long is a "typical" hunt for you?

About two hours if I'm going locally, 5-8 hours if I'm going further away.

In the past three days I've been doing a lot of detecting (about 6hours per day). I plan to keep that up for another six days. Been finding a lot of good stuff at the moment.

Depends on my mood or pain level. Usually anywhere from about 45 minutes on up to 3 or 4 hours. There have been times when I got to the site and said ...." nope , not today"....now thats a quick hunt ! :lol:

Ive hunted all day before , but its got to be a good site.

My average hunt is about 60 minutes.
Usually on the way home from work.

On the weekends, I will hunt 2-3 hours as I have more time.

Typically, when I'm home, I'll try to hit my local park for an hour or so every other day or so during the week. Sometimes on the weekends I may stay longer if I'm doing well. If I'm at a new location I try to stretch it out some. I would say on average about 6-8 hours per week. Only because I still have to work and that's about all I have time for...

So far this year, due to the long long winter season here, I've only been out a few times. I have logged maybe 10 hours of hunting and some of that has been in very cold conditions. In normal weather, I'll put in maybe 3 to 4 hours a day if the place I'm hunting in holds my interest. If I'm digging up trash and only trash, I will call it quits after 20 or 30 minutes.

HDD

If it was up to my wife, we would hunt 24/7. We were out until 10:00 last night. She was getting to know her new NOX 800. She found 34 quarters, 9 dimes, 3 nickels and a dozen pennies.

As for me, I have screws in both ankles and in my back so it can vary from day to day. Some days, I can go for 6-8 hours and some days 2-4 hours. If I am finding a lot and getting up and down constantly, about 3-4 hours. If the hunting is a little lack luster and I am not digging a lot, I can go 6-8 hours with a few breaks.

Also, things like weather, temperature, ground type and condition can change how much time is spent. Also, if you find a hot spot, it is hard to leave. Or a cold spot that isn't producing much can be easy to leave.

I try to get out 2-3 times per week and at least once on the weekend. Got to keep the wife happy even if it kills me. Maybe that's her plan. lol

Looks like 2-5 hours is pretty typical...I'm hoping to get that range myself this year...it's so much fun :) Plus, the more I swing, the better the chances of me doing the Walter Huston gold dance :)

When time allows, often 7-10 hours in the water, no lunch break...

Land isn't as interesting to me, so usually less than 4hrs..

<°)))>{

Swinging the ATPro, i would go 3.5-5hrs ... i could tell when it was time to go home when my swing would get a little sloppy- not overlapping as tightly etc.

Now with the heavier E-Trac i go out for 2-3hrs before calling it quits. Beats waking up with soreness and having to take time off.

Back
Top Bottom