First for me. (UPDATED)

mysticwolf

Hi all,
Been at this for a couple of years now, and while it was all 1973-1996 coinage, I found my first pocket spill today.
11 zincolns in the same hole. Found them in a sandlot (tot lot) where I work, that only staff and residents have access to. Checked a couple other spots in the yard and only found a clad quarter and a 1973 penny.
Didn't find much for tops/tabs but found a 6" sq x 1/4" steel plate, hook from a chain and parts from a bike wheel and alum. siding.
I just had time for the tot lot/ garden today, but I'm gonna check the rest as time provides. Its a 40's house that has been remodeled with an quadplex on the property and a large yard so plenty of hunting for awhile. Better yet, I think its all virgin territory as it has been a battered womens shelter for about 15 years. My boss is great!!!

Heres the ring I found, Nothing special, but a first for me.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/album.php?albumid=1362&pictureid=15011

Last edited:
the place does sound like it will have some goodies in there

and what a place to work

go in early = detect; eat lunch = detect; off of work = detect = come home late = post finds :D

even better than that, go in whenever=>work 30 min=>detect 4 hours=>work 30 min=>go and post finds!!! I make my own hours as the Maint. Man LOL.

And another first for me today!! I found a silver band today. One of the wide, thumb band looking things. and it has 925 on the inside of it!!
I'll post a pic asap.

Good luck. Keep hitting it. get rid of the junk and the good stuff should start showing. The spill is a bonus. WOLF

It helped picking up a few tips on here. Like turning down the DISC. And I'm getting better depth too, went down 8" in the sand on the coin spill, and found some clad at 6-7" in the yard.
Always willing to learn more!

Back
Top Bottom