Finished up the box of nickels...

KT enjoyed your video, and has a couple of constructive suggestions...please don't get mad! LOL :lol::lol:

Get yourself a small tripod so you can mount your camera, say on a table where you are CRHing...then you can use both hands to work in front of a stable camera to show your coins and if you can get a non-incandescent light source...one that uses either white leds or a coiled fluorescent energy saver bulb...that way the coins won't look so yellow...the wood background you use could be covered with a white cheap table cloth and that will help the lighting some. KT liked your progression through the box, showing the distribution of the coins you found and kept...that was a good idea.

And your explanation of keeping the older coins rang a bell with KT...those are kept in the HOPE that some day whenever the US Mint ends the Jefferson nickel series, they will gain in value. Just as KT keeps the low mintage newer half dollars, called Not Intended for Circulation (or NIFCs), in the hope that some time down the road, an ancestor might actually have something that has gained significantly in value. That's what I like about CRHing, you not only have a chance to find some silver goodies, but for the face value of any coin, you get to make a speculative investment for your ancestors!

KT gets the same pleasure from each silver coin He finds that I could hear in your voice on the video!

Happy Hunting!

All great suggestions KT!

Yeah silver is very fun to find in those rolls. 1 day of CR searching pretty much matched my silver finds metal detecting for a full summer.

Two totally different hobbies obviously though.

Just getting into the making videos of this so it should get better. Next spring/summer I plan on filming all of my detecting outings with a much better camera.

Thanks for watching and its awesome to congregate with other CR hunters!:cool:

War nickel(s)? I haven't had time to watch the vid yet but congrats!

Yeah a couple war nickels and some 30's, 40's and 50's nickels are what I kept. A lot of people don't like going through nickels...I enjoy them!:grin:

I love going through nickels. Always something good especially if you keep the 30-50's. Silver is so rare, it's nice to know your going to find 20-30 nice old coins and maybe more. Silver and Buffalos are a bonus when they come. I also save all 30's-50's and I also add 2009 to the keeper pile.

Congrats on the silver

Back
Top Bottom