Nickel in a quarter roll *_* what about you?

Donneybrook

Elite Member
Today I was going through a roll of quarters and there was a nickel, I'm going to put it back in so I won't lose money. What have you gained/gyped in rolls? I've also gotten 6 dimes in penny roll over the past two and a half years.

The teller gave me a $20 instead of the $10 I had exchanged pennies for today but I told her the error, gosh I was temped to collect :laughing:

Well, I guess you're still ahead of the game then. It's when I find pennies crammed into the dime rolls, and they're 3-5 coins short, that burns me up. : ( I did find a beauty of a 1862 fatty I.H. in a roll of dimes once. What were they thinking? LOL I've also found silver dimes in rolls with the pennies jammed in. Some people are just idiots. Good luck with your CRHing

Well, I guess you're still ahead of the game then. It's when I find pennies crammed into the dime rolls, and they're 3-5 coins short, that burns me up. : ( I did find a beauty of a 1862 fatty I.H. in a roll of dimes once. What were they thinking? LOL I've also found silver dimes in rolls with the pennies jammed in. Some people are just idiots. Good luck with your CRHing

1862!?! Wow! I bet that made you day! Do you return the favor of ripoffs, tell the bank or lose money?

I know the other day I was dumping exactly $200 worth of halves in my coin dump bank machine. It made a terrible noise. Wound up taking one of my halves. Deposited one quarter on the ticket and one shot out the reject tray.I didn't dump any quarters :lol: Never had that happen before:lol: I'm just glad it didn't take more halves. I've seen the inside of this machine. It has a catch tray inside on the left that catches some coins. Mostly steel foreign coins. A magnet grabs the coin causing one of the paddles to slap it into the box inside the machine.

I always make the roll correct before returning it. If I end up loosing a dime or 3 it's just part of the 'cost of doing business' for me.

KT often finds a quarter and sometimes a penny in His Royal Half Dollar Rolls. :no::no: In 5 boxes there will almost always be one or two.

The best "wrong" coin that KT finds is 1/2 Bolivars...or some such...almost always from a South American country...kinda neat!

I have hunted some consumer rolls of nickels where the roller apparently was short 2 nickels... so they put in a dime!:laughing: Gotta love honesty. I also got a clear bank wrapped roll once that had a game token in it worth 25 cents at the place. lol profit

I have hunted some consumer rolls of nickels where the roller apparently was short 2 nickels... so they put in a dime!:laughing: Gotta love honesty.

Oh nice, never thought of doing that when im short. lol probably wont though. :laughing:

I decided i'll put a quarter in, go to the same bank tell them about the error, ask if theres a way to get my 20 cent refund (I hate being gyped, lol) and if not oh well :no:

they probably will not refund you. As for me i do smaller pennies nickles dimes so i go by size sometimes the count could be off but that is rare,, its best to put in the amount thats supposed to be in especially if your just starting.

When buying bags of halves off the machine, it's usually over by $5-$15 in change (and guitar pics). There is no way to return this overage to the bank, as they will not balance, and there is no "slush fund".
I have found odd denoms in every denom of roll that I've searched. The worst are cents stuffed into dime rolls.

they probably will not refund you. As for me i do smaller pennies nickles dimes so i go by size sometimes the count could be off but that is rare,, its best to put in the amount thats supposed to be in especially if your just starting.

Ive been CRHing since Feb 8 2011 so over two and a half years ago, not new to it :)

When buying bags of halves off the machine, it's usually over by $5-$15 in change (and guitar pics). There is no way to return this overage to the bank, as they will not balance, and there is no "slush fund".
I have found odd denoms in every denom of roll that I've searched. The worst are cents stuffed into dime rolls.

Yegads! KT sure wishes His Majesty had a bank that would sell bags to HIM! At that rate, you could just do great, buying and dumping back bags! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

KT has his overages but only on 1 special dump machine and they are sporadic ....if the machine has been worked on recently, it gives no overages, but if it has gotten dirty and is still working reasonably well, then it gives out lovely overages from hung up coinage! HA HA

It was weird... I was at the bank saw a lady cashin in penny rolls. She worked at a conveinant store and I took em off the banks hands. Probably evened out I'm certain not all of those rolls were complete.

Back
Top Bottom