I have figured out how to tell pull tabs from gold!

Buried

Elite Member
:digginahole: <--- dig it up and look at it.

Seriously though, with the technology we have today, why can we not tell the difference between a pull tab and gold when its underground?

There has to be something out there that can tell the difference between the two...

I don't know what detectors you are using, but my White's MXT Pro displayed pull tabs. I never dug a pull tab using it in parks or schools, my boys done it for me.

My 2 best Gold rings to date sounded just like jumpy ring style pull tabs.

Even after I had scooped them and set them on the ground they sounded like carp.

It is the nature of the game, the things you want the most are the most difficult to obtain. Write that on your hand.

I don't know what detectors you are using, but my White's MXT Pro displayed pull tabs. I never dug a pull tab using it in parks or schools.

But are you 100% certain those items in the ground that displayed as pull tabs weren't something else? Something else made of gold?

but are you 100% certain those items in the ground that displayed as pull tabs weren't something else?

something else made of gold?

winner3.gif

That's what I was thinking

I have had a few foil range signals that I knew weren't foil and one I called a gold ring even before I scooped it.
Those are really solid sounding 44 to 48's on my AT Pro.
The sound was foil and the number said foil but the tone roll audio made it sound like a much more substantial target than others in the same range.

Hard to explain until you hear it yourself.

With a couple of features on the V3i, there are times when I'm 99% sure that a low-mid range VDI is a pulltab, but it's not a 100% thing--namely, when the 22.5kHz and 7.5kHz signals are overlapping or touching in the target sizing pinpoint analysis screen, im almost absolutely certain that it's a pulltab. But I dig most of them anyway, just in case there's some strange alloy of gold that makes it read the same.

Yes, my boys dug everything, even nails, but they used their coinmaster.

U do understand that rings..mostly gold rings come up as pulltabs on all detectors..mxt is no different..did those pull tabs buddy its may be annoying but your missing the gold

I'm just curious about the White's MXT Pro. Pull tab shows up as a pull tab, what shows up as gold?

Get yourself a variety of gold rings and lay them on the ground and wave 'em.

Now stand them on their ends and wave over them from a couple different directions. You will get several different readings.

Clear as mud? Good! :grin:

U do understand that rings..mostly gold rings come up as pulltabs on all detectors..mxt is no different..did those pull tabs buddy its may be annoying but your missing the gold
Every signal I had showing a pull tab, my boys dug one up. I did however find lost gold rings, not many. But then again, I was in parks and schools.

It's because they add other metals with the gold to create 10k, 14k, 18k, 22k, etc. so it covers a variety of signals. If all Gold jewelry was pure 24k then it would be a lot easier.

DIGGER27, I used to have a pair of those X-ray glasses as a kid which didn't work as the advert had promised. That looks like an old mag ad from the 50's?

Back
Top Bottom