A scary face & a seated half dime.

Dan B.

Elite Member
I did not plan on going out this morning. But the service tech for the furnace got done early. I had about an hour and 45 minutes and I had to be back home.

I started out on a fresh new property. Knowing a house had been there but not seeing much in the way of broken glass and pottery I did not hold my breath. Ten minutes into the hunt I had a jumpy signal. I would hear the hint of a high tone coming through so I decided to dig it. Once out of the hole it rang a solid 20/21. It turned out to be my second seated half dime since I purchased an Nox a year ago. It is a worn out and thin1853 with arrows.
Getting down to the last minute before heading home I managed to find an Indian, and not far away with a scary face staring at me through the dirt.
It must be close to Halloween.

Attachments

• IMG_20191016_135543.jpg
    IMG_20191016_135543.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_20191016_134814.jpg
    IMG_20191016_134814.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_20191016_135820.jpg
    IMG_20191016_135820.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_20191016_135706.jpg
    IMG_20191016_135706.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_20191016_135352.jpg
    IMG_20191016_135352.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 376
Great hunting Dan!! A half dime is high on my bucket list!! You’ve got me itching to get back into my fields - but I do need to scare up some new permissions first.

That Frozen Charlotte is a perfect find to kick off the Halloween season! They always creep me out a little...why do they always seem to be face up on the surface, staring at us???!!??

Last edited:
Hey! Thats a super nice find and informative post about the signal you were hearing..Very helpful ...Nice work all around! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks a lot! I'm glad you enjoyed. I tried to share the numbers because I appreciate it when others do the same. This was a old home site so there is lots of nails everywhere. Just proves that if it has a good squeak diggit.

Huge congrats!

Thanks!

Great hunting Dan!! A half dime is high on my bucket list!! You’ve got me itching to get back into my fields - but I do need to scare up some new permissions first.

That Frozen Charlotte is a perfect find to kick off the Halloween season! They always creep me out a little...why do they always seem to be face up on the surface, staring at us???!!??

With the good run you have had lately knocking off bucket lister's. Your field will open soon an this will be your year for your half dime.
As far as Frozen Charlotte this is the first full face I have found. But then again even the broken pieces seem to face up looking at you.

This is one of those "if coins could talk" scenarios, excellent finds, congrats!

Thanks I'm glad you enjoyed it. At first I thought I had a trime. But not yet.

Nice seated half dime! I found my first this week, also a 1853 with arrows! That doll face is cool, but super creepy the way its staring back at you.

Awesome score! A half dime would probably put me into shock! :shock:
Love the 1890 cent, too.

Good luck hope you find one!

Nice photo of Charlotte in the dirt!

Thanks I thought it looked pretty cool also.

Nice seated half dime! I found my first this week, also a 1853 with arrows! That doll face is cool, but super creepy the way its staring back at you.

Glad to hear that you found a half time also. And yes those dolls are always creepy.

Back
Top Bottom