A new method (for me) before and after pics

No I didn't, but I just checked it out. Very cool, I like your setup!

Have you ever used copper polish? I haven't yet, but was thinking how it could bring the copper shine back?
No I have never tried it, I don't like my old coppers or nickels to shine like new metal, I like them to remain dark with a lil patina. I mainly use SOS pads to remove the gunk

No I have never tried it, I don't like my old coppers or nickels to shine like new metal, I like them to remain dark with a lil patina. I mainly use SOS pads to remove the gunk

Yeah, I really like a nice patina on an old copper.

Amazing difference with the SOS Pad!:shock:
That coin is in great shape. The word LIBERTY is very clear on it. Congrats!

I just cleaned my V nickel and buffalo nickel. They look GREAT. I cleaned 3 more things too that I had. They all look way better. Thanks for the tip

Steel wool on copper/brass/silver/gold

When reloading ammunition, you should not use steel wool, because it may leave tiny pieces of steel imbedded in the brass. Later, these tiny pieces will begin to rust due to moisture in the air. That causes the brass to start corroding and flaking. That ends the life of the shell.

I can only guess that a similar situation might occur with coins.

HH,
John Morton

When reloading ammunition, you should not use steel wool, because it may leave tiny pieces of steel imbedded in the brass. Later, these tiny pieces will begin to rust due to moisture in the air. That causes the brass to start corroding and flaking. That ends the life of the shell.

I can only guess that a similar situation might occur with coins.

HH,
John Morton

I'm sure many people have benn doing this for many years. I have not heard of coins rusting from this, but I could be wrong. I sure hope not, lol.

Could you show a pic of the obverse of the coin. I cant believe how good of shape the front of that coin is in. Your soil must be like a feathery pillow. :lol:

Sure, when I get home tonight I will. Obverse is in the same condition minus a little scratch I put on it.

Sorry, I already put it in a 2x2. Other than the scratch from my digger, :mad: it looks great, and it looked like the front before I cleaned it.

Attachments

• IMAG0534.jpg
    IMAG0534.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 308
Man, that little booger sure is slippery trying to hold while cleaning with an SOS pad ! But thats ok, I will manage !

Back
Top Bottom