• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Last hunt of 2011 Results

gameoftag

Forum Supporter
Went out today for the last hunt of the year. I had a couple goals yet to meet, but was unable to accomplish them.

I wanted to score 30 Indian heads, but I still sit at 29. :(

I wanted to find 20 silver, but I still sit at 19 :(

Nonetheless, I was thrilled to be able to dig in Wisconsin on the last day of the year. Never thought that would happen as the ground is usually frozen with a foot or so of snow.

Was able to get one last wheat penny, so that's OK by me. My last coin dug of 2011 was a 1980-D memorial cent. Also found a metal tag that has "ROOSTER" Stamped on it. Any ideas?

Thanks for looking. Hope everyone has a very successful 2012.

Attachments

• final hunt of 2011.jpg
    final hunt of 2011.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 510
  • rooster tag.jpg
    rooster tag.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 517
It kind of looks like a old locker tag, maybe a janitor named rooster. Great job braving the cold, I was so close to putting my batteries back in. Won't be long and will be back at it !

It kind of looks like a old locker tag, maybe a janitor named rooster. Great job braving the cold, I was so close to putting my batteries back in. Won't be long and will be back at it !

Looks like the cold is coming, so I'll be done soon. I have a construction site I hope to hit off and on all winter as they move dirt, but other than that, I'm probably done til spring.
I hope we get a chance to get a hunt in together next year.

Nice way to end the year! Going to be back up in the 40's at the end of the week. The tag looks like it's off of a box, crate, locker or something...hard to say for sure.

Nice way to end the year! Going to be back up in the 40's at the end of the week. The tag looks like it's off of a box, crate, locker or something...hard to say for sure.

yup, I saw that. Can we get any luckier up here? Pretty cold tonight though, so it's gonna take a little to thaw out. Lets just say, I'm keeping my batteries in for good luck. :)

Back
Top Bottom