Any Scuba Divers in S. Florida?

scoundrel

six feet under(water)
Anybody want to explore the reefs and inlets chasing down treasure lore? More specifically, from Hillsboro Inlet to John Lloyd State Park. There are many well-documented shipwrecks and cases of treasure being found in this stretch of coast. Ironically, gold coins were found from the 1715 Fleet(the wrecks that I hunted in Sebastian) when they built the Pompano Beach fishing pier way back when. It is only one mile away from where I live, but over a hundred miles from where the ships went down. Hillsboro Inlet and the small rocky reef that juts out in front of it are on the oldest nautical charts. I have very credible stories of silver ingots and silver bars being found in the water. I found a very old ornate brass skeleton key and a bronze or copper religious medallion that was definitely from a shipwreck, while I was beach hunting . I found them in the wet sand on different days but in the same area. I theorized that they got spit up on the beach by the dredge that was pumping sand from about a thousand feet offshore. Lots of history in the water down here. I have extra dive tanks, a dive tank hookah system, and a gas-powered hookah system set up for two divers. I also have a 17 foot boat, but diving off of the beach is actually easier and more economical. It cost me $20 just to launch my boat. This would just be poking around on the reefs, no metal detectors. Scuba diving solo doesn't bother me, but being in the water by myself is creepy and uncomfortable. I can't get the sharks out of my head. Two people in the water, I'm fearless. Go figure. At least it cuts my odds in half. If this appeals to anybody, let me know and I will give you my phone number. Thanks.

If I was in your area I would really like to give it a try, maybe if I am in the area in the future I could pm you.
Just curious, why no metal detectors?
Good luck Scoundrel.

... Scuba diving solo doesn't bother me, but being in the water by myself is creepy and uncomfortable. I can't get the sharks out of my head. Two people in the water, I'm fearless. Go figure. At least it cuts my odds in half.

"At least it cuts my odds in half".

:laughing:

R5

Scoundrel were you in the water under the Capitana the time the family of manatees swam by and went under the boat? We were on the beach laughing waiting for whoever was under there come up spinning like a spinner shark.

Scoundrel

Ill be the captain of the boat, while U and someone else dive for the treasure :yes: , i will pay the 1000 bucks for the wrights , you don't need a large boat to do the job, my mascot goes .

Attachments

• P1000959.JPG
    P1000959.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 175
Dang, I'd love to do some exploration treasure hunting with you. Only problem is the distance. We might be able to set up something short duration, I'd have to make plans, get shifts covered, etc. 2 day drive each way.

Dang, I'd love to do some exploration treasure hunting with you. Only problem is the distance. We might be able to set up something short duration, I'd have to make plans, get shifts covered, etc. 2 day drive each way.

Same problem here. I have 2 full sets of scuba gear, but the geography is the bugger.....:yes:

Ill be the captain of the boat, while U and someone else dive for the treasure :yes: , i will pay the 1000 bucks for the wrights , you don't need a large boat to do the job, my mascot goes .

He looks Sad Earl..:(

Obn

Tell your girlfriend to get a Champion line Chesse with paper's, so we can have pups, as my x had her female fixed :mad:, her dog also tore a tendon in the rear hind quarter that need's a 3 k operation to fix :roll: , Joe he is sad, no dog's on the beach now :( cya. Thats the look i get , along with facial expression's , because he want's to go to the beach, Earl PS Tell your OC cop friend to get the laws changed to dogs allowed on the beach after 530 pm , and before 9am :frustrated::frustrated::jail: Hey Shogun OBN's coming down for a beach hunt ----- But Scoundrel said no dogs on his ship :(

Attachments

• P1000958.JPG
    P1000958.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Scoundrel were you in the water under the Capitana the time the family of manatees swam by and went under the boat? We were on the beach laughing waiting for whoever was under there come up spinning like a spinner shark.

We had manatees around the boat many times. Every once in awhile a small shark would swim through the hole. Snook would routinely pass through the hole. Schools of sheepshead, which is supposed to be really good table fare would come into almost every hole and feed on little worms or something. Stingrays would come into almost every hole after we blew it. They were very stubborn. I would shoo them out of the hole with my coil, even bonk them over the head with it, and they would come right back in. When the visibility was really bad, which was almost every day, I would bump into them all the time. It's a wonder I never got stung.

Living in Fl...... boy have i thought about getting certified. On some of my beaches especially during clear days.......would love to be able to get out another 20 yards even. Being in Venice..... those shark teeth on the other side of the outer sand bar could be a prize. Dog gone it .... now you got me wanting to spend some money.:lol:

I wonder what the rules are for diving on a public beach here in Fl?

Living in Fl...... boy have i thought about getting certified. On some of my beaches especially during clear days.......would love to be able to get out another 20 yards even. Being in Venice..... those shark teeth on the other side of the outer sand bar could be a prize. Dog gone it .... now you got me wanting to spend some money.:lol:

I wonder what the rules are for diving on a public beach here in Fl?

Have to have a dive flag.

Back
Top Bottom