Car guys and gals

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
Remember the Yenkos?

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/05...ld-new-batch-original-1968-yenko-camaros.html

There's a plan underway to build a new batch of Chevrolet Yenko Camaros.

1525368526388.jpg

Holy smokes! As long as camaros look like that, like they’re supposed to look.
Too much to ask for?

When I took a driver's ed course at 15 years old the car we learned in was a very nice driving Camaro, a little different feel than my first car, a 62 Chevy Impala I believe :lol:

......but hey, at that age I was very glad to have a used 62 Chevy Impala, it had a slant 6, a very nice engine for it's size !

There's a plan underway to build a new batch of Chevrolet Yenko Camaros.

Uh-Huh....Most likely at an asking price 95% of us here can't afford.
You'll understand if I'm not overly excited about it.

Roger

used 62 Chevy Impala, it had a slant 6, a very nice engine for it's size !

Excuse me?:?: The slant 6 was a Chrysler engine. I can hardly believe someone installed a slant into a full size Chevrolet.

Roger

Excuse me?:?: The slant 6 was a Chrysler engine. I can hardly believe someone installed a slant into a full size Chevrolet.

Roger

I didn't know much about cars back then just the basics, but it was a slant 6 and I just assumed that it was what it was supposed to have.

Uh-Huh....Most likely at an asking price 95% of us here can't afford.
You'll understand if I'm not overly excited about it.

Roger
”BNMC hasn't mentioned pricing for its 50th anniversary 1968 Yenko Camaro, but the company has various Yenko Camaros it's built priced from $149,995.”

That is BEAUTIFUL Car

I have owned 4 Camaros and even have a Camaro Parking only sign in my Shop at home.

My 2001 SS Convertible (Black on Black) is the ONLY car that after 10 years of owning I still LOVED dearly and royally miss to this day.

I will also say that I HATE the new Camaro designs.. but LOVE this one

anything was possible back then, however a straight six chevy is similar in appearance to a slant six, non integrated head with the 1 bbl carter or webber carb. Most likely a 200 or 250L six Chevy.

The news that ford is dropping all car lines except the mustang and the focus is just them concentrating on where the $$$ is, they stopped making a lot of the mid size cars that they really did not make much profit on. Great idea for the short term, but when gasoline goes to $5 a gallon ford will find itself playing catch up trying to produce fuel efficient cars again.
As far as collectors value goes, show me one mustang that in the past 20 years that has risen in value. I am sure I could custom order a new shelby with purple and pink leather seats and it would probably be the only 1 like that, but it sure doesn't mean it will go up in value.

I have to admit, I’d probably purchase the Mustang over the Camaro, based on cosmetics...Camaro just looks huge, similar to the 4-door Charger. Afa trucks go, I don’t care much for the looks of the aluminum bodied F-150, even tho it was the top selling vehicle for 2017. Dodge Ram and it’s relentlessly blah front end styling, nada. If I were truck shopping, I’d have to pick the Silverado or GMC, really the only truck that catches my eye.

I have to admit, I’d probably purchase the Mustang over the Camaro, based on cosmetics...Camaro just looks huge, similar to the 4-door Charger. Afa trucks go, I don’t care much for the looks of the aluminum bodied F-150, even tho it was the top selling vehicle for 2017. Dodge Ram and it’s relentlessly blah front end styling, nada. If I were truck shopping, I’d have to pick the Silverado or GMC, really the only truck that catches my eye.

As an AVID Camaro lover.. I have to agree..

Most die hard Camaro fans hate the mustang.. I am not one of them.. I too love the look of the Mustang and would for sure buy a new Mustang over the newer Camaros. I hate what Chevy has done with the new Camaro.

As far as collectors value goes, show me one mustang that in the past 20 years that has risen in value. I am sure I could custom order a new shelby with purple and pink leather seats and it would probably be the only 1 like that, but it sure doesn't mean it will go up in value.

20 years? That isn't time for any potential classic to rise in value, but here is two for you. The 2003 and 2004 Ford Mustang Cobra. Nicknamed the "Terminator". I was looking to buy one. They sold new for around $16,000 depending on options. Now you can't touch one for less than $18,000 and that would be a high mileage in drivable condition. They are more up around $20,000-$30,000. In 1985 I could buy the 1965 Mustang for chicken feed. Try that now. The value of just about any object is determine by the estimated number still around, which is often based on the number made to begin with. Like the coins people collect. Most of the value comes from a low number minted/produced. So no, the numbers do make a difference.

Most car shows I go to have a category called "Future Classics". How do you suppose they know which vehicle is going to be a "Future Classic"? Generally this category is where the newer Mustangs, Challengers/Chargers and Camaros register. Mostly 2005->

There will ALWAYS be a collector value on cars of low production numbers. That's how it works, but 20 years you're right. Now 40+ years is a whole different ballgame. Heck a vehicle isn't even considered an Antique until it's at least 35 years old. And that just means it can use an antique tag.

Last edited:
If you Mustang fans hadn't already read/seen it, look-up the old (2nd) Mustang from the Bullitt movie. Pretty cool story, and good save.

Back
Top Bottom