1874 Aenta!

Kapi

Forum Supporter
Another recent hunt:

A first for me. Funny part to me is that I read it as 1974 on the beach and tossed it into the plain old coins part of my pouch. I didn't realize it was 1874 until I got home. Aethens Greek coin!

Found a chewed on musket ball.

The spoon says Apr 14 25 on it. A patent date. Wm Rogers Son AA

A horse gag loop.

Also researching what the button type thing is. It may say Sampson on it.

Two sterling silver religious charms.

1885 No Mint Mark Dime

An Indian Head Dime

1874 Athens Coin

A bronze ship spike

A toasted Barber Dime

A wheat Penny

A couple other silver dimes

A buffalo nickel

Heard on the news today that Flagler beach is going to pump in sands to make sand dunes to protect A1A and then fill in the beach. Hurricane Matthew wiped the road out. This news makes me very sad :(

Attachments

• Dec 12 16 Targets.jpg
    Dec 12 16 Targets.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 468
  • Dec 12 16 1885 Dime Back.jpg
    Dec 12 16 1885 Dime Back.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 472
  • Dec 12 16 1885 Dime Front.jpg
    Dec 12 16 1885 Dime Front.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 464
  • Dec 12 16 Buffalo Nickel.jpg
    Dec 12 16 Buffalo Nickel.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 483
  • Dec 12 16 Greek Coin Back.jpg
    Dec 12 16 Greek Coin Back.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 464
  • Dec 12 16 Greek Coin Front.jpg
    Dec 12 16 Greek Coin Front.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 489
  • Dec 12 16 Indian Head Penny back.jpg
    Dec 12 16 Indian Head Penny back.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 547
  • Dec 12 16 Two charms.jpg
    Dec 12 16 Two charms.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 541
  • Dec 12 16 What is it button 1.jpg
    Dec 12 16 What is it button 1.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 529
  • Dec 12 16 What is it button 2.jpg
    Dec 12 16 What is it button 2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 475
  • Dec 12 16 What is it button 3.jpg
    Dec 12 16 What is it button 3.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 472
  • Dec 12 16 What is it.jpg
    Dec 12 16 What is it.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 467
Last edited:
cool

Finds Kap, all the old coins you found in that spot including that spike, i would be hitting their on a regular basis, great work, congrats on the old finds, nice seated to boot, Earl

Very cool finds!! Do you know what the football shaped thing with the round disk attached is?

That's a VERY COOL collection you got there! I'm lucky if I hit a Wheat penny down here on our beaches.

Don't know if you saw it or not? But they finally figured out what we already saw. All a bulkhead does is cause more destruction when the waves start hammering the coast. The part without a bulkhead gets the force the ocean was trying to dish out on the whole beach. When they saw Jax beach the dunes got mowed down and saved the buildings. I'd imagine Fl. is fixing to pass laws on putting in bulkheads on private property making it illegal. If your neighbor builds a bulkhead twice the height as yours, your house will get 10 times the damage when the waves roll back out your back yard like a rip current.

I am a bit lost like always!!

I think you mean an indian head penny and I don't see a barber dime posted.

Very nice old finds Barb

I'd like to say I did that to see if anyone actually reads the posts or do they all just look at the photos but truth is I posted tired. :) You are correct I meant Indian head penny. Today I'll try to clean it up some, can't see the other side at all yet, it's all covered in green stuff :) As for the barber dime I think the toasted one on the bottom is a barber. I can see One Dime on the back but can't make out the front at all. Might be another seated. Not sure if I'll ever know but will try to clean it a tad too later.

Finds Kap, all the old coins you found in that spot including that spike, i would be hitting their on a regular basis, great work, congrats on the old finds, nice seated to boot, Earl

It opens and closes depending on sand movement. Sometimes it's covered in a foot or two of sand, sometimes it's opened up. The bad part is there's no way to get to it to see it without walking a long long way. This year we might invest in a drone to use to check those spots :) Some days we make the long walk and it's horrible conditions when we get there. And to make matters worse, that county is talking about pumping sand in now! UGH !

Very cool finds!! Do you know what the football shaped thing with the round disk attached is?

I don't know :) I think it says Sampson on it - I can see other writing too but can't make it out. I may try to clean that up a little later today and see if I can make out more of what it says.

That's a VERY COOL collection you got there! I'm lucky if I hit a Wheat penny down here on our beaches.

Thanks Felix! Wish it was closer to home but at least it's in a spot nobody ever goes to but us!

Back
Top Bottom